sea ray question

razvan2000

Recruit
Hi all ,<br />Just so u know , i am a rookie with boats . Just bought a 88 sea ray 16'8" and the previous owener said that I need to purchase a bolt before I put the boat into the water . The bolt is located outside at on the bottom end of the boat and I belive it is to let the water drain out of the boat when it is on the trailer . Can someone tell me where can i find to buy this bolt ?<br />Thank you

mattttt25

Commander
Re: sea ray question

you're talking about the drain plug. your's is probably bronze, about 3/4" in size, and threaded. any marine parts store will carry them.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Buy 2 or 3, AND DON'T FORGET TO PUT IT IN BEFORE LAUNCH

razvan2000

Recruit

Thank you , <br /><br />What is a good site to learn about boats, engines , boating etc ?

CATransplant

Admiral

This is the place to learn, I'd say.<br /><br />However, you might want to take one of the online boating courses to learn safe boating practices. Just search for "online boating course" (no quotes) on Google. Pick the first result and follow the links to a course for your state. You'll find it very informative.<br /><br />These courses are great for giving you a primer on basic boating operation and safety.<br /><br />For everything else, search here in the iboats forum. Just about everything has been covered at one time or another. If you have questions, just ask.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I believe the name is garboard drain plug<br /><br /> Jim

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by razvan2000:<br /> Thank you , <br /><br />What is a good site to learn about boats, engines , boating etc ?
Welcome! This is a great site, and entertaining too. :cool:

razvan2000

Recruit

I went yesterday to west marine store and found only one type of drin plugs made of rubber with a screw n the middle and two metal plates on the side . DO u think that is good enough and keep water out of the boat . The boat will be kept at the marina and stay in the water 6 months ?