Bought the Regal, now what?

lugster84

Seaman Apprentice
Bought the 89 Regal for 5500 with all the accessories. The guy was fanatical and kept it in the garage. I will have it docked on a lake. Should I pull it out of the water every few weeks to clean the bottom? What is the best to use on the bottom. Also, what kind of wax to use for the boat and what works best with the seats. I usually use the finish 2001 on my car, not armor all. What should I use to waterproof the cover if it is not. Also, any ideas on how to secure it to the dock and when it's trailered next to the lake house. Thanks for everyone's posts so far, they really helped!!

vipzach

Lieutenant
Re: Bought the Regal, now what?

You definateley want to keep the bottom clean. I would get a pressure washer to clean it with, I like mine for cleaning the boat and truck. The wax can be a whole new topic, some say don't do it because it slows down your boat. I don't wax mine, just use a good polish. For the seats I would suggest 303 Aerospace, I just got mine and really like it. Is the cover canvas? There was a thread the other day about a great cheap waterproofer, do a search for it.As for a lock I have no idea what would work best, beside a good'ol cable and lock.

Wingnutt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations on your new baby. If that Regal has been maintained like you think, you should get many, many years of enjoyment out of it. BTW, good choice :D :D :D <br /><br />Edited to add:<br />Finally found some pics of a Sebring online and it looks just like my Medialion except for a lot more freeboard, see
watermark.php
. Me thinks you will like it a lot. :D

Twidget

Commander

Starbrite makes a polish with PTFE in it. It works well on the bottom for keeping the lake slime from building up. Also makes it easier to get off.<br /><br />Congratulation on the new boat. :)

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats on your purchase. If it was taken care of as you say, then I think you got a pretty good deal.<br /><br />Got any pics?