SOS Express?

misfits9

Recruit
Anyone out there own one of these? I just bought one with a 70HP Johnson outboard on it. just seeing if anyone else out there has one or has even seen one.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: SOS Express?

Never Heard of it,.........<br /><br />And,... I Doubt I'd Want a Boat with that Name on it.............<br /><br />It's Not a very incouraging Name...... Sort of like Titanic........<br />It would be Easy to understand that they Went Out of Business.......<br /><br />Good Luck....

misfits9

Recruit

Yeah, the name is a little scary. But it's a fun little boat, 13 foot. 2 seater. Blows my friends little tunnel hull away :)

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,...... Sounds Pretty Cool.......<br /><br />Check out the little Glastron I've got in Realgun's thread about recertification.....

misfits9

Recruit

It originally (long before i got it) had a Yamaha 70HP jet drive which i heard were a real pain and didn't have much power. So the guy that had it before me decided since it came with a 70, you can put a 70 on it. Which makes sense and the boat can easily handle it. With a little weight adjustment and some minor modifications this little boat gets on plane in a blink of an eye and once you trim up to the right spot it's smooth and fast. GPSed @ 54mph on choppy water, upstream, with a bad prop and the motor wasn't tuned to well. removed the VRO, got the carbs synched, new prop, put a new impeller in it, just to be safe. adjusted all the linkage and dropped the motor on notch and now all there's left it to adjust the top end and decide which prop to go with. It came with a 18 and a 21 i believe, the 18 was on it, i think i can the the 21 on there with no troubles... any opinions? thanks, Jake

QC

Supreme Mariner

Bondo, picture of the Glastron? Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> Bondo, picture of the Glastron? Sounds like a lot of fun!!!
The Only pic. I've got is an Old 1,... Back when it Only had an 80hp 4cyl. on it,.........<br />It was Quite a little Adrenaline Buzz Then Too.......... :D <br />No Wave Jumping There,........ Pure HorsePower,+ a very Small Prop................. :D <br /><br /><br />
JetFlite80hp.jpg
<br /><br /><br />My camera is out of the country,+ the boat is a little less than photogenic right now,............<br /><br />I'm Hoping to use it as a Motivator for My Lady's 15yr. old Son.......... :rolleyes: