EVINRUDE FICHT 150 Broken Crankcase Main Bolts

Aldo Bax

Cadet
I found 3 broken bolts of 6 on my '2001 Evinrude 150 ficht ram!!!!<br />Any suggestions?<br />Thanks<br />Aldo Bax :confused: :eek:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: EVINRUDE FICHT 150 Broken Crankcase Main Bolts

Broken bolts are usually caused by overtorquing or a large impact of some sort Aldo. Give us a little history on the engine. The fix is replacement but knowing why they broke is more important to prevent a re-occurence.

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Thank you OBJ.<br />It's simple history!I never got any problems...after 600 hours,and normal maintenance,taking out the air filter I saw the 3 broken bolts...for me it seems a mistery!!!!<br />Aldo

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Aldo...where exactly are the bolts?

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Hi OBJ<br />My english is not so good!(I'm italian)I try to explain:there are 6 bolts on the black motor globet(carter?) that cover the drive shaft of the engine.These bolts are quite long to be able to keep togheter the bench bearings/supports of the drive shaft.It is very simple to check these bolts:removing the air filter you see the oil pump attached with elastic support on the same motor globet(carter?)and the head of the bolts(I have photo to send you)Now I'm waiting the response from the Evinrude importer here in Italy...I am much onlooker of knowing the history!!!!!<br />ciao Aldo :confused:

Dunaruna

Admiral

That's an absolutely fabulous name you have Aldo!!!<br /><br />Send the picture to me and I'll display it so everyone can see.<br /><br />aldek@nex.net.au<br /><br />Aldo

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I'm thinking he's talking about the crankcase halves bolts Aldo (in Melbourne). But a pic would be nice. Good idea to send Aldo the pic Aldo (in Italy). Oh boy! this is gonna' get confusing..... :) :)

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Thank you guys.<br />I just sent 3 photos of my trouble!!!!<br />Aldo

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> I'm thinking he's talking about the crankcase halves bolts Aldo (in Melbourne). But a pic would be nice. Good idea to send Aldo the pic Aldo (in Italy). Oh boy! this is gonna' get confusing..... :) :)

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Yes OBJ<br />I'm talking about the crankcase halves bolts!!They are six.I found three of them broken at the end of the thread.<br />Ciao Aldo

Dunaruna

Admiral

Here you go Aldo. Hope this helps.<br /><br />
12-06-05_1618.jpg
<br /><br />
12-06-05_1255.jpg
<br /><br />
12-06-05_1254.jpg
<br /><br />Aldo (Melbourne).

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Aldo (in Italia) to put it mildly.....that sucks.<br /><br />Hope you are talking to the Evinrude distributor that sold you the engine. Your looking at a tear down to get to what's left of the bolts.<br /><br />EDIT: Thanks Aldo in Melbourne for posting the pics. Aldo in Italy...keep us posted on what's happening with the engine and if any determination as to what caused the bolts to break is made.....Thanks.

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Thank you for showing the pictures.At this time I'm still waiting the response from the italian Evinrude distributor:soon I'll have it (I hope!!!),I'll post it.<br />Ciao to all<br />Aldo

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Hello everybody<br />Nothing to say/suggest?<br />Aldo

Dunaruna

Admiral

OBJ said, "your looking at a tear down to get to what's left of the bolts".<br /><br />Unfortunately, that pretty well sums it up. Sorry Aldo. <br /><br />Aldo

Paul Moir

Admiral

Sorry that I can't help with your FICHT, but if you want to get a better response, try this:<br /><br />Click the "Edit Post" icon next to your first (top) post. Then change the topic title from "Carter/Crankshaft Broken Bolts" to "2001 FICHT 150 Broken Crankcase Main Bolts"<br />Then reply to your post to drive this back to the top again. I think your subject is being overlooked.<br /><br />Good luck!

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Thank you Paul<br />I hope this will help!!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Good change on the title but the powerhead still has to come off. Well, I guess you might be able to remove the front half without removing the powerhead but it'd be a ton easier with the powerhead off. Especially if any drilling has to be done. Watch the shavings!

Aldo Bax

Cadet

Dear friends<br />I just talk with Evinrude distributor here in Italy.They are gonna replace with new 6 bolts free of charge!!!They broke because defective.<br />Aldo