out of gas 150 evinrude

guyo

Petty Officer 3rd Class
98 150 hp runs fine at idle and get 5000rpm but if i let it idle she will run out of gas and i have to fill up all the carbs by pumping the primer ball. or if i put her in gear and take off she'll do the same thing but alot sooner.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: out of gas 150 evinrude

Either the fuel pump isn't functioning, or the supply is blocked. You can pump it up so that should eliminate the blocked supply theory. Snif around for a line leak. It could be sucking air instead of gas. Gas would also leak out. Your nose will know. Light gassy smells aren't unusual. But if it's strong...<br /><br />The fuel pump can fail to function either by a problem in the pump, or the driving mechanism. That would be crankcase pulsations. Low compression would weaken those pulses. Hopefully that's a longshot. More likely would be the primer bulb. The valves are crude and fuels tend to warp some. That can sometimes leave a primer bulb that seems to pump well, but blocks the fuel once the motor is running.

guyo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

the engine performs the same way even with a remote tank,and i've been looking for a leak or sucking air leak for days now. <br />IS

guyo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

the engine performs the same way even with a remote tank,and i've been looking for a leak or sucking air leak for days now.<br /> just say if i have weak pulses is it possible to add an inline electric fuel pump to assist the vro because the engine would run fine if it had gas.

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Does the buld stay firm?<br />Have you checked the fuelfilter inside the engine?

Basscat 1

Chief Petty Officer

Try rebuilding the fuel pump you now have on the engine. I would also replace the bulb.

guyo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

filter was checked <br />the bulb gets soft in which it needs t be pumped to fill the carb bowls

guyo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i am in the process of telling the dealer that the new vro must be bad but he is giving me a hard time to swap it. and as far as the bulb . i have the same end results weather its the boats main tank or a remote tank

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did you use the same bulb on the remote tank and your main tank?<br />If so are you sure the bulb is ok?<br />Also check that its connected at the right direction.