Installing PTT CMC 130

REEFKEEPA

Cadet
Ok guys,<br />After attempting to remove my old mechanical tilt assist cylinder and associated corroded pins, I cut them off and still can't get the corroded stainless pins out of the aluminum housings and have abandonned all efforts to do so. I know about the torch thing but I have my doubts. I will install the new PT unit but still don't know how to secure the engine so that it doesn't fly out of the water in reverse or on impact. Any suggestions ? 1995 E48ESLEO

rabidfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Installing PTT CMC 130

The tilt system should do that for you... If it doesn't. Don't install it. Find one that will!

REEFKEEPA

Cadet

I can't compromise. When I pull the motor I'll cut out the tilt cylinder pin which I have already unsuccessfully drilled out and remove the old assist cylinder. The drill bit started walking on me and veared into the aluminum so I abandoned ship. There is no way I can afford to replace the stern brackets and the swivel bracket. Any suggestions?

jgrisham02633

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have owned a cmc pt130 for seven or eight years now, you will not be dissapointed at all, holds up very well in salt too.

fireman57

Captain

That is one heckuva eye catching doodad. Can't tell what it is though.

bubbakat

Captain

That pt130 will be your best friend. I installed one about two years now and I wonder how I got along without it.

REEFKEEPA

Cadet

I'm still wondering how it keeps the motor from tilting when the old assist is broken.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

reefkepa<br /> not much of a way. you maybe able tomake some brackets to keep the motor from trailing. the tourch thing actually works well. those pins on the late style 2cy loopers are almost as bad as the 2 bolts on the 225 loopers. but I have never had a set beat me. a few came close :) :) . but I dont think there are any mechanical kocks avalible. you use the factory manual or the factory trim unit. or ya make something.

REEFKEEPA

Cadet

Thanks rodbolt,<br />I can get my hands on some 1/2" stainless rod and I have a welding machine.<br />I figured that is what I would have to do.