Wiring Problems

mnopietaylor

Recruit
Have 1968 65hp Johnson Outboard. Just rehabbed the whole fuel system, impeller unit, and cleaned everything well. This motor was a garage sale find not attatched to boat.<br /><br />I have mounted it on a hull and need to hook up the key switch. No clue what wires go where. Whant to see if it will start so I can finish resotration. Local Antique outboard shop has no manual for it and I've tired 6 websites and manuals are on back order.<br /><br />Motor does turn over and spark. Figured white is starter, Red battery, balck ground. One wire has a fuse on it too faded to make out color, have the red/yellow striped wire, green wire, and gray wire. <br /><br />Please give me a friendly hand and give me wiring color codes for key switch. You can email them to me or post them.

wildman196937

Recruit
Re: Wiring Problems

hi there i have a 1961 40hp evinrude i bought for 200$ .i need to know the wireing diagram on it . i dont think it is chargeing.

68wetboat

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Wiring Problems

Don't know if you found the manual yet....but I just got a new motor and found the service manual for it on www.ebay.com for under $20 shipped to my door.<br /><br />I checked for your 68 75 hp but didn't see a manual for your year....keep lookin on ebay and maybe contact the sellers of other years/models...they can probably help you out.