Cut Off Switch

dofunny

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1974 envirude with manual shift. It came with a old johnson control. I hook a push button to it to start the engine and now I have to pull the throttle all the way back to choke it off. Somewhere I have read you can run a wire to the power pack to kill the engine but I don't know were. Which would be the best switch to buy to shut the engine off.<br />Also the boat that I have is a Hyro Sports and the tach is a little different than the tach I have. It don't have a name on it but it look like this.<br /><br />12v + aft<br /><br />gnd<br /><br />Please help me on this one to.<br />riverrat@inteliport.com

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cut Off Switch

At the powerpack there's a black/yellow wire. That wire is the kill circuit. Black/yellow wire to toggle switch, other terminal of toggle switch to ground. That's it.

dofunny

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Cut Off Switch

Thanks Joe for the help on the black/yellow wire hook up. I'm still puzzle about the tach that came with the boat. It don't how a name on it but on the back it has. <br /><br />12v + alt grn<br /><br />I ran the 12v + to the hot side of the battery and the grn to the cold side of battery but I know where the alt go. I'm hooking it up to the 74 115 evirude with manual shift.<br /><br />riverrat