Who knows about this - BE205EEUM ??!!

Emerald Fox

Cadet
Thursday 15th April '04<br /><br />Hi!<br /><br />First time in iboats. I'm buying my first boat in 2 weeks' time, a fibre-glass Galaxy, apparently American from the 1970s, 4.9m long. It has an Evinrude outboard motor 20hp with the code BE205EEUM on the label; I'm told by the seller that the engine is from 1996 and that he has the user manual...er...possibly somewhere!<br />Is there anyone here who'd like to suggest where I might find a handbook in case this guy doesn't actually have one? I did today write a letter to Evinrude in Illinois, their Net site doesn't encourage e-mails to them.<br />Never having owned a boat or outboard engine before I am a bit clueless, like how much 2-stroke oil is one supposed to put in the 95-unleaded gasoline, and what are the regular maintenance procedures?<br /><br />I live in Helsinki, Finland, by the way. Finland looks like a perfect country for fun in boats, lots of biggish inland lakes, long coastline, and the Ahvenanmaa archipelago, a miriad of islands of all sizes between the Finnish mainland and Sweden.<br /><br />Ross Turner<br />(have decided to call the boat "Emerald Fox" which I think is kind of cute!)

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Who knows about this - BE205EEUM ??!!

If I'm not mistaken, you have a Belgium made 20 HP, made in 1999. The fuel mixture is 50-1. As for your last guestion! " sometimes, sometimes not"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I read it as a 1997 model, Belgian made.<br /><br />A 1996 model number would have ended in EDX (X for model run which is unimportant) and a 1999 model number would have ended in EEX.<br /><br />50:1 mix is 20ml oil per liter of petrol. 91 octane by Euro-system is the proper petrol, by the way.<br /><br />Happy boating. :)

G DANE

Commander

Ross<br /><br />You can buy a manual from this site - just use the link at bottum. Best money you can spend. They will ship to you whatever you live in Denmark Finland or Saudia.