need help getting gear case off!!

S.S__P.O.S

Seaman
ok now i followed the manual as clopse as possible i got it almost off and its stuck on what feels like the rod that drives the prob cause the flywheel move when i turn the case a lil. i know i missed somthing in the manual but i dont know what please help me.<br /><br />Steve

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: need help getting gear case off!!

did you disconnect the shift shaft and how far have you got it dropped? And what motor are we talkin' about??

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

We'll need to know the make, year, and hp of the engine. The model number if you don't know exactly what you have.<br /><br />Explain to us exactly what bolts etc you removed. We can then tell you if you missed anything.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Joe, looks like it's the 1979 sea horse 115 he's takin' about...From this post:<br /><br /> web page

S.S__P.O.S

Seaman

ok i finally got it off yall were right i forgot the shift shaft (oops!) the manual showed a crappy drawing and didnt say where it was. ok i got a pump and i cant figure out what theses two lil plastic curved pieces do the old one did not have them or i could not find them but one is a white plastic and one is black they are small. also is there and way to see if a water pump is doing what its supposed to b4 i put gear case back on??<br />Thx<br /><br />Steve