78 Evinrude 15hp

The RealRookie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I searched and found a post where it said this engine was a 78. Model 15804B<br /><br />Is this engine a 2 or 4 stroke? If 2, whats the ratio?<br /><br />Was givin to me from my father. He is a flea market junkie and knows nothing about the engine. My boat will only take 10hp so im gonna try to get it running and sell or trade for something i can use on ym boat.<br /><br />Thanks

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: 78 Evinrude 15hp

Welcome to iboats, Rookie!<br /><br />It's a two-stroke. Mix is 50:1, or 6 gallons of gas to one pint of TCW-III rated outboard oil. And it is a '78 model.<br /><br />Good luck!

The RealRookie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the welcome and the info. Im actualy glad its a 2 stroker. 2 strokers are much easier to trouble shoot. Again, thanks

The RealRookie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Eeek, sorry to be a pest, but is this thing water cooled? Im assuming it is.<br /><br />I know i might be sounding like a dummy, but all ive done is taken it from his basement and thrown it in mine.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

yes, it is water cooled and it would be a good idea to replace the water pump before you run it. A manual would be a big help, also...