Suzuki props on OMC

G DANE

Commander
I see the larger Suzuki 2 strokes has 13 splines and 1" propshaft, 4" gearcase. Do they use same propellers as Johnnyrudes ? I would like a 20" prop for my 115 ofr my light boat, and I see Turbo makes a 13 1/4 by 20 for Suzuki. Are Turbo´s a good choice ?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Suzuki props on OMC

Turbos are usually more prop than the existing set up is ready for. Dont be suprised if you can raise the motor a bunch. If you go to a 4 blade you will most likely need a jackplate.<br /><br />I dont stock the Suzuki props to measure the spline length but it may work if you fool with the hardware. Why not just get the right one to start with?

G DANE

Commander

I visited a prop shop and based on my weight calculations and hull shape they ment it would turn a 21", but not sure. Turbo makes a 3 blade 20, maybe a good alternative.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Turbo makes an excellent prop. Where does the Suzuki part fit in?

G DANE

Commander

They only list the 20" pitch for Suzuki for some reason. I plan to go around 50 MPH or if better 55 MPH. That would take me to more than 6000 RPM. I will take a photo of the hull and transom and mail you ( no homepage to use at present ) to decide where to start conc. X dimension. I am a fair welder and have access to a small shop to do some stainless work in. I could withlow cost do a bracket that would give me 4" of setback and bolt on. Do you think that would do any good. ?

Hooty

Rear Admiral

With 4" setback, you'll need about 2" more engine height, depending on the hull configuration.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I see what youre saying. OK, if youre looking at 3 blade stuff go with the 19" for E/J -- part number O132519RA. <br /><br />If it turns a tad much its easier to put bite in than take it out. Once you try it let me know what happens and if we need more bite I'll tell you how to do it. Real easy for a prop shop.<br /><br />I'd love to see the pics -- send 'em to dhadley50@aol.com.

G DANE

Commander

Thanks.<br /><br />Hooty - If the bracket is a good idea, I will design it to add the 2" of possibility of extra hight. But this boat only measures 5,75' at transom, and I´m a bit nervous to get too much weight back.<br /><br />Dhadley, OK Will post a little later today.

walleyehed

Admiral

G DANE, I've got a Suzuki Prop, VS-1500, and the face of the hubs are different and will NOT work on the V4 gearcases. I cut out the casting on the face to make the prop work, but it's a LOAD of work!!!!<br />You also have to take a couple thou off the seal lip of the hub, or it "just" touches inside the gearcase.....Hope this helps.

G DANE

Commander

Thanks Kenny<br /><br />If I really should want the 20" that bad, I guess it would be easyer to get it rehubbed. I was offered one used, reasonable price.