Sea Doo boats

Twidget

Commander
Has anyone ever owned a Sea Doo boat? I just got back from the Fort Worth Boat Show, where I saw a couple. They are pretty interesting to look at. <br /><br />My wife really liked the 22' deck boat. It seemed to be pretty well made. Its strange to see a jet pump on a deck boat though.

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sea Doo boats

twidget,<br />a friend of mine purchased one last season. he and his wife liked the looks of it and were intrigued by the propulsion system. unfortunately what they found out was the thing needs to be run at nearly full throttle to keep the bow on an even keel. anything less and the bow is pointing straigt twards the sky, which is not comfortable or conduscive for scenic riding. apparetly you cant trim or tilt the jet.

Twidget

Commander

Hmm, maybe not such a good idea then. Thanks for the input.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by teamstromer:<br /> twidget,<br />a friend of mine purchased one last season. he and his wife liked the looks of it and were intrigued by the propulsion system. unfortunately what they found out was the thing needs to be run at nearly full throttle to keep the bow on an even keel. anything less and the bow is pointing straigt twards the sky, which is not comfortable or conduscive for scenic riding. apparetly you cant trim or tilt the jet.
Maybe they should take a look at some of the trim tabs threads...

ahnatiw

Recruit

A friend of mine has a challenger 1800 and really loves it. He really like spinning it around (something I thing you could not do very easily with prop. boat). I do not believe he has had any problems with it in the three years he has had it.<br /><br />The one issues I found is that you really need to be giving it some thrust in order to steer it (there is no rudder).<br /><br />That being said, if you are looking for a deck boat, and just want to cruise, other boats offer quite a lot. One of my criteria is noise level. You can check out a large number of boats at www.boattest.com. They have rpm/speed vs sound level.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Al

Twidget

Commander

Directory Listing Denied<br />This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
Guess they dont like me. :)