omc type M adhesive

wade1961

Cadet
Iam going back together with the water pump is there any other adhesive i can use for the o-ring between the pump housing and plate.<br /><br /> :confused: <br /> Thanks<br /> Wade1961

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: omc type M adhesive

Hi wade....<br /><br />Just about any type gasket sealer (exception, RTV) will work on the O-ring. All ya' want to do is hold it in place so you can get the housing down on the shaft an impeller plate. Just a'tip from your ol' buddy jim here, put the impeller in the housing BEFORE you put the housing down on the drive shaft. It's ezzer that way.<br /><br />Let us know how yer doin'.

wade1961

Cadet

Hi Jim thanks for your help i have some permatex that hardens and sets quik is this ok<br /><br /> thanks again Jim<br /> wade1961 :cool:

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

That's fine, but don't get carried away. Don't want any inside the pump housing.

clanton

Rear Admiral

3m yellow. The m only glues the o-ring to the housing.

wade1961

Cadet

Ok Jim thanks a bunch any tips on getting the shift rod back on it was a chore getting it off<br /><br /> wade1961

wade1961

Cadet

Evenrude 115 1981 I got the waterpump in iam about ready to go back on with the lower unit can i use the 3m yellow or the peratex between the lower unit and the moter. :) <br /><br /> Thank you all for your help

93bronco

Ensign

no sealer!! <br />just make sure the mating surfaces are clean of any debri.