Johnson seahorse 3hp

zenith

Cadet
Johnson seahorse 3hp model jw 10 serial 11282993, I need to know if you can tell me what year it is so that I might be able to obtain a manuel, motor quits after 10 - 15 minutes of use. thank you, Zenith

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Johnson seahorse 3hp

52-54 3hp outboard.<br />You can get a manual here. <br />You're aware that their's a fuel filter above the brass nut on the gas tank, where the fuel shutoff hooks up? It tends to clog at the bottom from varnish. Does topping up the gas restore operation?

zenith

Cadet

OB, Thank you for the info, I have already cleaned the fuel line, the cork float looked pretty old and dry, it runs for 10-15 minutes now, I will have to learn how to clean the fuel tank, it also looks like it has a lot of gook. thanks again.

Paul Moir

Admiral

Definitly pull that brass nut and check that fuel filter then. It solders on to the brass nut if you want to try taking it off. I'm just going to replace it with an inline filter on one I have here.

zenith

Cadet

Paul, yes it is that kind of a filter, I cleaned it and stated right away, maybe it is all the gook in my fuel tank. It does run good when the fuel is topped. The cork makes be nervous because it was brittle and the center cork desinegrated when I touch it. It always starts on the second pull.