Evinrude 7.5hp queston....

I was just wondering if someone here could help me out with this. I'm trying to find out what year my motor is. Its a Evinrude 7.5hp , model# E8RCNR , and the serial # E0021071. I tried the link on the page here for motor ID but it didnt help me none. <br />Thanks for any help you guys can provide.<br /><br />I'm going to try andd put a water pump in it any pointers on doing this or tips??<br /><br />Keith

ob

Admiral
Re: Evinrude 7.5hp queston....

Engine is a 1982 model.A bit too entailed explaining the entire procedure of waterpump changeout.I recommend getting a manual and then if you need any fine points touched on someone will be glad to assist.Good luck.

Hey thanks alot OB!!! How did you come up with 1982??? I checked all those charts and stuff and came up with 1924 ....LoL.... :eek:

ob

Admiral

CN in the model number denotes 1982.Here's a site you can reference.Not in English but fairly straight forward.Click on modellguide in the upper right corner and the rest is easy. web page

Ahhhh ..... I thought RC was for rope start , comercial and the NR was for the year thats where I was gettin all screwed up!!!<br />Thanks again !! :)