cadorette / thundercraft

balticsea

Cadet
anybody has a clue where I could get<br />(i) information and <br />(ii) spars for thundercraft / cadorette boats from?<br />Thank you for any reply

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: cadorette / thundercraft

good morning,<br />i recently sold a cadorette/azura boat this past spring. this is what i know. cadorette is a canadian based company located NE of quebec city. the web site is www.cadorette.ca it is in french.<br />good luck

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

A little history about Thundercraft, Cadorette and Doral. All Canadian Quebec based companies competing back in the eighties to early 90's. Thundercraft was the first one to go under with the recession in 1991. The name and the mold for the 340 was bought by Cadorette who felt the Thundercraft name was better recognized. They also began producing the 340 again as a 350, Most of the boats said Thundercraft by Cadorette on the side. Then Doral began having problems and went under so Cadorette bought them too and began producing everything under the Doral name and Thundercraft/Cadorette disppeared. Then Doral had problems again and they were bought by a company in France called Jeaneau (not sure of spelling) eventually they were sold to another company in Canada and are still called Doral with some of their smaller line now called Thundercraft again (what goes around comes around)<br /><br />Anyway not sure what parts you are looking for but most parts (except for the hull) can probably be found as they were made mostly by US suppliers.

balticsea

Cadet

teamstromer and boatin bob, thank you very much!<br />sorry for replying late, i had to go cleaning the hull..<br /><br />I own the thundercraft 260 express, '94, 2xmerc 3.0 lx<br /><br />i'm searching especially for plastic parts such as air intakes, doors,...

balticsea

Cadet

Originally posted by teamstromer:<br /> good morning,<br />i recently sold a cadorette/azura boat this past spring. this is what i know. cadorette is a canadian based company located NE of quebec city. the web site is www.cadorette.ca it is in french.<br />good luck
thank you for the link (google didn't find it) it seems that cadorette these days only does small boats and knows nothing about the old cadorette's

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

Air intakes you should be able to match up with others the same size but possibly a differnt style, doors were mostly made from Lexan and thick plexiglass, can probably get a local place to fabricate new ones.

balticsea

Cadet

Originally posted by Boatin Bob:<br /> Air intakes you should be able to match up with others the same size but possibly a differnt style, doors were mostly made from Lexan and thick plexiglass, can probably get a local place to fabricate new ones.
boatin bob;<br />air intaje style doesn't matter; match is more than fine; I Didn't know the name of the doors; but is sort of an opaque white stuff; probably lexan is the right name; what do I ned to get those done - cost?<br /><br />Thank you

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry...I have no idea what it would cost but I'm sure it wouldn't be anymore than buying from Cadorette if you could still get them. I would find a shop and take the old ones with you so they can use them as a template, the stuff is hard to cut and finish nicely without the proper equipment. Another option would be to make a replacement out of teak but I don't think there is any other teak on that boat so that may not look right. That is a nice little cruiser, I went looking through my archives the other night and found a 1994 Cadorette/Thundercraft brochure just to see what the air intakes looked like. We almost bought a 280 model but opted for a slightly older 290 Thundercraft and now we have a 340 Thundercraft.

balticsea

Cadet

Originally posted by Boatin Bob:<br /> Sorry...I have no idea what it would cost but I'm sure it wouldn't be anymore than buying from Cadorette if you could still get them. I would find a shop and take the old ones with you so they can use them as a template, the stuff is hard to cut and finish nicely without the proper equipment. Another option would be to make a replacement out of teak but I don't think there is any other teak on that boat so that may not look right. That is a nice little cruiser, I went looking through my archives the other night and found a 1994 Cadorette/Thundercraft brochure just to see what the air intakes looked like. We almost bought a 280 model but opted for a slightly older 290 Thundercraft and now we have a 340 Thundercraft.

balticsea

Cadet

boatin bob;<br />you are right - no other teak. You still hvae a brochure of that boat? It would be fantasic to get a scanned image of it (I believe that the desk at the deck is not original - I would be noce to get an idea on how it looked like). As I plan of getting the original shape of it - it could also be made of wood; thus perhaps it would then fit the new doows. Air intakes are still the biggest problem as there are major holes in it - even rats would go through.<br />I just fianlised polishing the entire boat looks like new apart from the stripes at the sides that I ruined with a 15MPA high pressure cleaner.<br /><br />I still have the original ten years old textile roof (in green - made by "Michel Gilles" I believe) but I guess I will replace it next season.<br /><br />Thank you for any information on thundercraft and the boat. There doesn't seem to be another 260 Express in Germany.<br />Do you know how big the popuation is/was?

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

OK...I've scanned 5 pages that have to do with the 260 from the brochure. My scanner isn't working perfect but if you let me know your email address I will send you the 5 jpeg's.

balticsea

Cadet

boatin bob,<br /><br />THANK YOU<br />email is:<br />jochen@sweeetwater.de<br /><br />I do look forward getting the scans.<br />no file size limitation in my mailbox

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

OK...you should have mail...let me know how they turn out.<br /><br />ooops....got a delivery failure on your email address, can you confirm it should be jochen@sweeetwater.de

balticsea

Cadet

sorry, the address should read:<br />jochen@sweetwater.de<br /><br />thank you for resending it

Creekdog

Recruit

teamstromer and boatin bob, thank you very much!<br />sorry for replying late, i had to go cleaning the hull..<br /><br />I own the thundercraft 260 express, '94, 2xmerc 3.0 lx<br /><br />i'm searching especially for plastic parts such as air intakes, doors,...

Hi there.....I also own a 94 260 Express.....with regard nto the air intakes on the sides of the hull.......they are manufactured by ATTWOOD in the USA....they are available thru West Marine.....special order...they are know as composite intakes....hope this helps....I alsoa 1994 model year brochure...