75 75hp johnson stinger

salmonchaser

Recruit
have fluid leaking around the prop,and have some milkyness within the gear oil.how do i go about finding the correct way to determine the trouble,have had an estimate of $400.00 to install impeller and new seals in the lower unit,is this a good deal?also is this something that somone that is not a wrench turner to take on,thanks in advance.Salmonchaser

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 75 75hp johnson stinger

Howdy, Salmonchaser.<br /><br />Changing the impeller is a DIY job, but unless you have the correct tools and equipment leave sealing to a pro.<br /><br />$400 sound awfully high to me, but these days everythings seems high to me.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

dragonslayer

Seaman Apprentice

JB is right. You should leave the reseal to somebody with the correct tools.<br /><br />$400.00 does sound a little high for strictly an impeller and seals, however they may be figuring a complete water pump kit and extra time do to the age of the unit. Especially if it may have been used in a salt water environment.

salmonchaser

Recruit

yes it has been used in slat water,but at least now i know some of the right questions to ask,thanks you guys are great!!