Nobody fishing?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
This afternoon we got the KF out on the water for the first fishing trip in a long time. The Garmin Striker Plus 4 worked great after being moved from the trolling motor to the helm console with the transducer at the stern. On future trips, we're going to map the lake. :D And the new (to me) Power Pole Micro was awesome! So very convenient! :cool:
1.jpg

On my 2nd cast, I got this little bass.
2.jpg
I caught a mudfish (Bowfin) shortly after the bass and got several more hits as well.

My wife was fishing for bluegill to use as bait... she caught several. And then missed a large bass that swiped one off her hook! :LOL:

And the boy got diddly squat! :ROFLMAO:

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Man, those are some nice trout! Are they pink inside?

aspeck

Staff member
I was going to troll for lakers yesterday, but too windy ... maybe later this week if I can get out of the office ...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Upper 50s coming end of the week but i unfortunately have responsibilities. I hate being a semi retired adult.

aspeck

Staff member
High of 42 Thursday and Friday ... lows into the mid 20's. As long as it isn't too windy, should be good days ...

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Over the weekend 38 ice fishermen had to be rescued when a chunk of ice broke off on Red Lake in Northern MN. Yesterday a chucklehead thought he would land his plane on the same lake, yeah it broke thru the ice.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Heard from my ice fishing neighbor, 7" out there on the lake. My living room is within legal distance to put tip ups out in 12'15' of water. I can sit on the couch by the fireplace watch the game and fish at the same time.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
We went fishing a couple days ago at "The ol' fishin' hole."

1.jpg

I caught a nice 2 1/2 pounder and missed a few others.

2.jpg

My wife caught a nice little bass and a catfish.

3.jpg

4.jpg

The boy hooked a good bass, then lost it when he had reel problems. He tried to bring it in by hand, but it broke off. My wife also caught a bunch of bluegill, used a few of those for bait and did bring several home.

On the way while driving in to the spot, we saw a doe which was the first in awhile. That was nice.

On the way out, I was reminded once more that I need off road lights on my little trucklet. I bought an LED light bar and mount, but haven't installed it yet. Hopefully that'll get done in the next couple of days.

FLATHEAD

Captain
Got out on the lake yesterday first time in months. Was basically to shake the cobwebs out of the boat. After oil change,lower unit lube change, new impeller, new lithium’s. Water temps are still cold here for bass at 44 degrees. Water was heavily stained like chocolate milk. No fish to show but boat ran good. Saw a guy at the launch with a tracker TX 17, he had a length of Romex wire run the length of the boat exposed on the deck to run his trolling motor 😄

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got out on the lake yesterday first time in months. Was basically to shake the cobwebs out of the boat. After oil change,lower unit lube change, new impeller, new lithium’s. Water temps are still cold here for bass at 44 degrees. Water was heavily stained like chocolate milk. No fish to show but boat ran good. Saw a guy at the launch with a tracker TX 17, he had a length of Romex wire run the length of the boat exposed on the deck to run his trolling motor 😄
Hahaha! Creative! :LOL:

We haven't taken the KF out yet this year, but hope to do so soon. The weather has been cold/warm, cold/warm this winter due to El Nino. The boat has been cleaned, but I still want to do a couple of touchups before we head out.

Fishing from the bank has been great over the last few months though! (y)

aspeck

Staff member
I so wanted to get out yesterday, but couldn’t … hoping for a day next week. Lakers seem to be hitting pretty good right now, a few strippers are being caught, and an occasional musky. The crappie are starting to bite as well.

airshot

Rear Admiral
About ready in my area, boat is almost ready, but heavy rains and wind has kept me grounded. We have had some warm days, but either 30plus moh wind or heavy rain has prevented an early launch..

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The big Stripers have been here in good numbers for the past month. Scattered, with no real pattern to follow, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

If my carb kits arrive on Monday as promised, I’ll be ready to put the boat back in the water by the end of next week.