1985 Cowl For Evinrude30 Hp

dick

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1985 Cowl For Evinrude30 Hp

Do you need the whole hood or just decals ?<br />And what HP is it ? Merc ? Johnson ? etc....

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry I see it's a rude but what HP.

gas3255

Cadet

You can repair cracks and split cowls pretty well by fiber glassing a patch from the inside of the cowl. Just remove the sound deadening foam first and degrease the fiberglass well with Break Clean (from an auto parts store) Then use some automotive Bondo on the outside of the cowl to shape the rough spots to match the shape of the cowl. Be careful with your sanding for a smooth surface. Then repaint it. Iboats and most larger boat stores sell OEM paint or use something close. For decals, go to an automotive trim shop (look in the yellow pages)that make custom decals. They use a good quality weather resistant vinyl. If you have an example of the decals from the motor, they can usually make something pretty close or come up with your own design. We recently redid a 175 Johnson this way and it looks like new including the lower unit to match the cowl. Good Luck

Thanks All I found 1 in decent shape But I'm Book marking you incase I need anything elese <br /> Thanks Again John