Teleflex to Faria???

cadillaccowboy

Recruit
Hi all,<br /> I have a 1989 Mach 1 Condor 2350 with black face teleflex gauges. I am lookin' in to buying new white face gauges. I've found a good price on some(Dress White) Faria gauges & Faria depth sounder. The teleflex gauges work just lookin' for a newer look. So my question is will any of the Teleflex wireing work on the Faria gauges? Or will I have to order all new wire & senders? Also anyone know if that depth sounder is worth a s@#t?<br /> Thanks,<br /> Damon

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Teleflex to Faria???

The only gauges that give a hoot about sensors are the fuel gauge, temp, and oil pressure sender. It is very likely that none of them require sensor changes as most are fairly universal. You know what the existing gauges read so when you hook up the new ones, if there is a difference you will probably need to swap it/them. A voltmeter is a voltmeter so it poses no problem. Your speedo is pitot driven so its not a problem. The tach may have a switch setting to contend with but wiring should be the same.

Realgun

Commander

Welcome CadillacCowboy to iBoats!!!<br />You should have little or no problems getting the guages to work. Wiring should be just about the same. You may have to change a connector but not a wire per say.

Realgun

Commander

I was looking and most guages that need a sender have the sender included that is need or it is universal. Good Luck.<br /><br />In a few day I will be showing my new set of Faria' guages! :D

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

You'll want to be sure to order the correct trim gauge for your engine manufacturer, otherwise its my understanding the gauge will work in reverse. (Mercury vs. OMC/Johnson/Evinrude)<br /><br />Other gauges are more or less universal. Tach will need to have the needed poles/cylinders settings of course.

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

From Trailer Boats March 2005<br /><br />Counterfeiting A Growing Problem In Marine Industry.<br /><br />According to the National Marine Manufacturers Association, counterfeiting of marine products is on the rise, especlialy in China. Shortly before presstime, US Rep Joseph Knollenberg (R-Mich.) introduced legislation that would close a legal loophole protecting those who label, wrap and distribute conterfeit products.<br /><br />Perhaps the most prominent victim to date is Faria Corp. a manufacturer of marine guages. David A. Blackburn, Faria's CEO and president, discoverd that counterfeits of the company's products were showing up in Central and South America, and that Chinese counterfeiters have begun approaching US customers.<br /><br />The problem extends beyond the loss of jobs and revenue for affected manufacturers. There is also a matter of safety. When Faria tested one of the fake guages, Blackburn says, "it was found to be grossly inaccurate" He adds that the implications can be imense. Noting that these products may be manufactured with inferior materials and craftsmanship, exhibit design flaws and lack quality assurance testing, John Goodwin of the NMMA tells trailer boats, "the best thing for consumers to do is to buy their products from reputable marine dealers and be wary of a deal that seem too good to be true" The association is working with the US Coast Guard to produce a system for reporting counterfeiting cases.

Realgun

Commander

I love people who bash from behind the curtain.<br />I know mine are real. I got the warranty cards and everything. <br /><br />No misspellings no wierd english language. :D

cadillaccowboy

Recruit

Thanks everyone I hope I can help you all out sometime. Also all of you diesel truck owners there is a very good diesel forum page called dieselplace.com they are just as helpfull as you all <br /><br /> Thanks,<br /> Damon