GPS ??

FLATHEAD

Captain
I am in the market for a GPS. I am looking for something fairly easy to use,at a reasonable price. So far I have looked at the Magellan sport track map. Any input would be helpful.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: GPS ??

flahthead, I just bought the Garmin GPS72.<br />Good easy to use unit.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Electronics.

eabrooke

Recruit

Flahthead,<br /><br />I just upgraded to the new Garmin 176C Chartplotter GPS. I wanted color and blue water functionality. <br /><br />(EDIT: Forbidden material deleted. JB)<br />Ed

gaugeguy

Captain

I have the Garmin E-trex Venture. Easy to use, affordable and quite compact. This is the second handheld I have owned. I had the Garmin GPS II plus. It was 7 years old and the internal lithium batteries started to go south. I contacted Garmin and sent the unit back to them. They replaced the lithium battery circuit, updated the unit to the latest software version and changed the antenna...all free of charge. The GPS II plus is now better than it was when it was new, my brother just got it for a birthday present. So for my $, Garmin is the way to go.

FreeBeeTony

Captain

I am also in the market for a GPS unit. I would prefer a dash mounted unit to a handheld unit. What is the most reasonably priced unit?

FLATHEAD

Captain

gaugeguy, You cant beat service like that. That was one consideration I did not think much about. It is good to know a company will stand by their product. Thanks for the info all.