bow pulpit

calm water

Recruit
I have a 1990 25ft bayliner and need to replace my bow pulpit. could some point me in the right direction for finding a used bow pulpit. I'm open to other options, any suggestions would help.<br /><br />Thanks

ThomWV

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: bow pulpit

Sometimes the things come apart so badly they can not be repaired with any reasonable amount of effort or expense. A cored pulpit that has delaminated is such a beast. When mine delaminated (the bottom was comming apart completely and it had already been repaired, obviously unsuccessfully, twice in the last 5 years).<br /> <br />Here is myu old next to the new and then a second picture with the new one mounted. Making one is a nice DIY wintertime project - its just a plank - cut it out out to fit and finish it.<br /><br />Here the old one and the new one roughly cut:<br />
pulpit2.JPG
<br /><br />Here's the new on in place a year later (taken last week actually):<br />
pulpit.JPG
<br /><br />In this case the wood is Walnut. It was sealed with 3 coats of epoxy (using a non-blushing slow set hardner - both from Raka) followed by polyurathane 'Spar Varnish' to protect the wood and Epoxy from UV radiation.<br /><br />I like the way it looks, you may not. I could have painted it of course, but if I had done that I wouldn't have made it out of walnut. I thought I would probably have to refinish it annually (it comes off easily enough, just four 5/16" stainless thru bolts) but as you can see from the picture the finish has held up, at least for a year, like brand new.<br /><br />Thom

Norman Buus

Cadet

Your bow pulpet looks great. I'm considering adding an anchor winch and have a set up much like yours. Your pictures help. I should be able to remove the bow pulpet and install the winch just like yours.

Realgun

Commander

If I had 1 2.5 ft long will thia make my boat 20 feet? That looks real good and does the chain scratch it at all?