Pics of my project boat

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pics of my project boat

Wow!, you're gonna be styling when you are out and about. Love that horn, does it still work?

65Fabuglass

Seaman Apprentice

Horn does not work but I have found a very close replacement and you can bet it will be going back on. I will post more pics after while they will be on the same link

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

cool boat....a friend of mine had a boat similar to that at the lake 1 4th of July....we called it the SS Minnow.....caught some nice Sand Bass trolling in it....It was rough riding, but a neat rig!<br /><br />Keep us updated!

65Fabuglass

Seaman Apprentice

I had mine out the bays in the panhandle here in florida rides pretty smooth gets a little bouncy when it is really rough there a few more pics on the site just use link at the top. new pics show how well the old seats cleaned up. I was amazed.

D

DJ

65Fabuglass,<br /><br />Looks like you're up to your elbows in it. That's a good thing. :D <br /><br />Enjoy, let us know how she turns out.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

The site says it has had its data tranfer allocation exceeded. Too bad, I wanted to see it... :(

65Fabuglass

Seaman Apprentice

Web site is working now not sure what the problem was.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

since you are hosting it on geocities, it will only allow an x number of hits/data transfer, then it blocks it for an hour or so......

ob15

Chief Petty Officer

That thing is going to look great when done. I have a friend who did the same thing to a similar model and it is a cool looking little boat. I just built a little 15' skiff and came real close to making it a runabout but didn't. Sometime I wish I had. Have fun!

Rick K

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice little runabout! Gotta love 'em..<br />Rick K

65Fabuglass

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for all the good comments makes me feel good. I can't wait to get it done! :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Ahoy 65fabuglas!!!!!<br /><br />real nice project you have there. A word of warning......these resto projys are very addictive!! :D <br /><br />I do know, my name is Pat and I'm a resto addict ;) <br /><br />Congrats and keep us posted.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Pat,,,, you didn't have my project :D :D :D <br /><br />I may be close to being single after this one :eek:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Ahoy KK & 65,<br /><br />I'm in deep, like you. I got two, a Sliker & Another Beast. Hey KK...I offer this...<br /><br />My Bride is patient, but She will Feast, knowing my plans for my two projects needs.<br /><br />For She will be sly, or Slik if you will, and budget the same, times two, for the painting and furniture for Her projects too. :D ;) :D

65Fabuglass

Seaman Apprentice

I am luckly well supported in restratrion thank god. don't know what I would to if I wasn't.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Finally saw it, it'll be a cool rig. It makes me miss my old 63 Pacific Mariner. It had a 63 Merc 850, people always commented on it at the ramp. It was uncomfortable in chop, plus I didn't see having two boats. I was going to paint the Beast, but now that I am over half way done wet sanding and polishing the gel, I am happier. Paint is fine, but I like the durability of gel.

65Fabuglass

Seaman Apprentice

I am all about the gelcoat that is what mine is getting.