This is my project a Carr TL model from 1969...

Vector501

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all. This is mine and my girlfriend's baby. We bought it a little bit ago for 1500 dollars and this is what it looks like at the present moment.. I plan on keeping it posted every so often as progress is made. Hopefully we can get it customized for pleasure boating and have something to be proud of. Any comments, suggestions, or otherwise are welcome. As I stated in the heading...All I know is that it is a Carr TL model 1969 and that's all I know...If anyone can tell me anything about this boat I'd appreciate it, and if anyone has questions I'll try to answer them. I am hoping it will be a head turner when all is said and done. Hopefully this isn't a waste. Here's the first pic. I'll take more tomorrow and post them on a website. Thanks for reading.<br />
mypicture

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: This is my project a Carr TL model from 1969...

Looks fun. Looks a lot like the old Dorsett Catalinas, just bigger. Have you gone to www.fiberglassics.com ? Those guys specialize in 50s and 60s 'glass. Post plenty o' pics....

Vector501

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks. That website helps.<br />I'll be sure to post a lot of pics. Thanks for the feedback

D

DJ

Vector,<br /><br />That boat looks like it has LOTS of potential. As a matter of fact, looks good now.<br /> :) :) <br /><br />Have fun. :D

Vector501

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks djohns19. I wish I could say the same that picture is deceiving....The paint is chipping badly and so I'm in the process of sanding the bottom and sides.....Oh btw...Does anyone have any suggestion or good ideas of how to get this boat off the trailer? I need to completely repaint the bottom part and this boat weighs 4500 lbs. I plan on getting some concrete blocks and 4 ton jack stands strategically placed around the bottom but if anyone has any better suggestions I'm open to them. Thanks!

nigelbear

Petty Officer 3rd Class

you could try tying the boat to some trees and put blocks under the boat as you pull the trailer out from under it.

Vector501

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)