Project Complete!

ajyanka

Seaman Apprentice
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33c4b33e453 <br /><br />After a long winter of itching from glass and waiting for temps to rise to glassing levels the project is complete. We took a maiden voyage yesterday and it was great! The project started out as a CC conversion. Guy I bought the boat from cut the bow out of this classic speed boat (almost classic!) and bolted in a casting deck. He finished the gunnels with masonite! I took out the casting deck and repaired the gunnels, replaced the floor and transom. The rest you can see in the pics! I now have my CC!<br /><br />It's been a while but thanks all for the advice!<br /><br />AJY

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Project Complete!

Looks good. What are you using for a motor, and how big is this boat? What did it used to be< ?looks like it was something from the 60s originally...

ajyanka

Seaman Apprentice

JasonJ,<br /><br />1967 to be exact!<br /><br />It is a "Duo" made in Decatur Indiana. Found no information on it but I didn't look very hard.<br /><br />It's 15' long and used to be a closed bow something or another.<br /><br />The boat came with a 1953 25HP Sea King. Same thing as the Evinrude Big Twin. I'm using that motor. It pushes the Wife and I along at 20MPH.<br /><br />BTW, My complements to you on your project! Looks great! ;) <br /><br />AJY

ajyanka

Seaman Apprentice

I just realized I didn't post any pics of it rigged to run! I'll get some and post.<br /><br />Thanks all for the complements!<br /><br />AJY

KNOTTY THOTS

Seaman Apprentice

Ajy, it looks like you done a great job. it brings back memories of when I did my boat. I spent 1-1/2 years reworking an unfinshed Sea Ray. If you have a lot of pictures, you may want to contact DIY Marine Maintenance Magazine. I used the magizine when I need help. And when I finished they did a story on the boat in the 2002 Issue # 2. They are www.diy-boat.com. Again great job.

D

DJ

ajy,<br /><br />FANTASTIC JOB!!!! :D :D :D <br /><br />It was never that good-new!<br /><br />Congrat's and ENJOY!!

jomac

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LOOKS good! Pic's in the Water! thats when they really look good!!!!!!! Be safe have fun :D