floor in lund

Dennis Barbour

Recruit
Any one out there know any thing about treated plywood having a chemical reaction with aluminum. I need to put a floor in a 86 lund pike boat, I have been told some treated wood won't work in a metal boat. Any one ever hear this before?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: floor in lund

I put 1/2" P/T in my starcraft 4 seasons ago...Covered with epoxy,+ sand... I like it....<br />NO reactions to the aluminum, or the epoxy...

Dennis Barbour

Recruit

Thanks Bondo, Have any idea what I will find under this floor? It looks like the wood is pop-riveted down with big rivets, can I use screws to put it back down or do I have to find a big pop-rivet tool. Thanks

Bondo

Staff member

Mine was pop-riveted.... I used 3/16ths big headed rivets,+ a regular pop-rivet gun.... Screws will loosen over time....

Valv

Petty Officer 1st Class

woodsmen, I have a Lund also, I carefully removed stapled carpet, replaced floor with treated plywood, just as mfg thickness (5/8") , re-stapled and re-glued carpet, then used SS Screws.<br />I used old floor as template. I didn't bother glassing it, I figure it will last many years, so far 4, and if I have to replace it again, I will just pull screws, put new carpet and back in service, I spent 3 hours whole job.<br /><br />Underneath floor you'll find hull ribs, lots of foam, and....all the tackle you lost and couldn't find anymore ;)