how bout we get back to helping people fix their boats :-)

boatgrunt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: how bout we get back to helping people fix their boats :)

Don S - If you are ever in Boston, stop by for a hug :D :D :D :D <br /><br />(...then we can drink a few beers and you can help me fix my old cobra)hahahhaa

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class

:) :) GROUP HUG :) :)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Everybody hold hands. Were gonna sing cum-ba-ya. :D

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by KevinBeach:<br /> :) :) GROUP HUG :) :)
Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br /> Everybody hold hands. Were gonna sing cum-ba-ya. :D
Come on guys, this ain't no babysitters convention.<br />No hugging or sing alongs please.<br />Ya wanna drink a beer, fart and laugh, argue, maybe even fight, that's ok, but PLEASE, don't cross that hug/sing line. :eek:

bolo789

Petty Officer 1st Class

i ask some stupid things sometimes, but no matter what someone wil always answer and clear it up nicely.<br /><br />while some just fresh mouth,<br /><br />but this is the greatest boating forum on the net in my eyes.

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

ya nothin like a guy who will take a companys copyrighted material and spread it all over the net to give himself a pump... or apoligise only to the person he feels has a piece of leverage over him. good quality .

Don S

Hate to tell you this looser, but everything I post is legal. The service bulletins have all been released to the public. Links to the manuals and service bulletins are from another site. Other than you can't "Handle" this mechanic (your words, not mine) you know nothing, your a looser. Deal with it and find another forum.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

see? them red dots dissapear with time.<br /> mine usually take a few shots of santa theresa, of which I am out of, necesitating another trip to Venezuela :) .<br />DonS and a few of the rest do this all day, you think some of the stuff here is nuts yaa outta have to deal with it face to face daily.<br /> the walmarks actually happened one day.<br /> I was pateintly explaing to a customer why his rig he just bought was junk, for the fith or sixth time.<br /> I suddenly turned faced the wall and started beating my forehead on it while talking.<br /> I thought my boss was gonna fall off his stool laughing.<br /> I actually screamed at one and called him the dumbest fool I had seen in 20 years two weeks ago.<br />I usually cool off and apologize but not to that guy.<br /> I do apologize if I come off sharp with folks, but folks gotta realize in this area its all about high performance and running at full load for extended periods. something most auto techs cannot fathom much less a non tech.<br />if ya dont belive it ask your auto mjechanic what coulkd be the cause of a 500 RPM loss after 1 hour at 4500 RPM towing a travel trailer.<br /> I cant tell you how many times I have sat on the engine bracket with a trusted helmsman, not on my life insurance, at 50+ MPH trouble shooting odd issues that only occur above 4700.<br />not only is it incredibly loud its hairy. been tossed once at 55 MPH.<br /> but you will notice 90% of the problems we trace straight back to a root cause of lack of maint. whether the lack was intentional or not.<br /> next time ya chat with your favorite nascar pit chief ask them how they rejuvenate 2 year old gas or how many times can ya dump the filters before replacing them or even how long did it take them to set the ign timing at WOT and idle by ear.<br /> I have done it about 30 years now for a living,with a few breaks here and there as a machinist and an electronics tech for the USN, and still cannot power time by ear, I can make it run but not full throttle full load by ear.<br /> thats why we get jiggy, we can help but only those that wish to help themselves by reading,understanding and buying certain tools and test equipment.<br />when I sold my Dyno to a dealer friend a couple years ago to protect it from my divorce he was laughing at my log book.<br />however he has used the book a lot.<br /> test it while its not broke and known running well. log the results.<br />when ya fill up log all the details and the date. when ya do maint log what was done and the date.<br /><br /> but next trip, hopefully late july, to VE DonS gets a bottle of santa theresa. finist rum I ever pulled a cork on, yes they are corked and waxed :) .

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

don s what is this your forum or somthing . your able to tell people to go find another forum .you tell people they know nothing. your out of controll . and emotionaly flip flop so much you must remove your posts . no you are the looser.and what the original poster says rings true .id do more than handle your type buddy.

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hate to tell you [ insert random blah blah.] this statement is usualy used when someone attempts to brow beat some one . were you perhaps leaning forward in your chair when you typed it , another typical indication. looser

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wow, dunno what to say.<br /> other than I know what poster never to reply to to avoid getting whacked at

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Like I said, come over to Dockside Chat & we will be happy to give ya a whippin', if'n ya need it! :p :p :p

Don S

BigBad4cyl, and brother X2, you should be real glad I don't run this forum. You would be the ONLY one I have ever seen that was worth stopping you from posting here. So, I guess we are stuck with some of your posts. Here are a couple that come to mind.<br /><br />A Locked Thread <br /><br /> Another Locked Thread <br /><br />Just so others know who you really are.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Don, stop it!<br />I hate when beer comes out of my nose!<br />I do think I see a pattern developing here ;) :D .....JK

Dunaruna

Admiral

Ignore him, Don. <br /><br />It's not worth the aggrevation.

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

Whew.. I was getting nervous you were going soft Don!!!<br /><br />I catch you singing and that really WILL be the thing that drives me off this board!<br /><br />M

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

DonS<br /> we really dont care who he be.<br /> Like I said before some folks would complain if ya hung them with a new rope in the clor they chose.<br /> nice thing is we have a very capeable very professional tech in Dons that is computer litterate, unlike me, I am just ig no rant.<br /><br /> dont sweat it.<br /> I am sitting here at 1:30 AM with my back so tied up even thith percocet I cant lay down.<br /> came from 7 hours removing the genset,port motor and stripping said motor today from a 33 fourwinns, in the AM I reverse it.<br />then its on to the 28 albermarle with twin 7.4;s that the long block for the port motor should be here friday, then the 3.0 stbd engine long block that was supposed to be here today that was promised for sunday. the other two were promised for next weekend, I did get the long block for the 4winns but no gaskets.<br />the 3.o I have to do the manifold and riser on the port engine as well.<br /> In the mean time I have a pair of Z300 coming in that wont turn up and a Z200 with the same issue.<br /> plus the normal BS of riding herd on some of the lesser experienced techs.<br /> yep I can see walmarks coming.<br /> and heck most the time Dons can spell AND punctuate :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

oh, and ill sing back up on "if I had a Hammer " but not coom by ya :)

Bsturkie

Seaman

Hey guys, DON S has helped me many times, among other men on this fourm. He and others have been short with me but I do understand that I don't know that much about boats, as well as others, and I don't blame them. If I encountered people in a computer forum that posted "My computer is broken, what is wrong?" (I work for HP)I would get short with them also. But most people come here to learn from people that know, and have the skill of the boating world. Why else whould this forum exist? I don't care if 'Ol DON tells it how it is, and no one on this forum can say he's wrong. He may give you a verbal whipping but he WILL guide you in the right direction and thats what it should be about!