38' Cigarette Top Gun

tommays

Admiral
Re: 38' Cigarette Top Gun

Its so wrong i thing the prop set would cost that much :rolleyes: <br /><br />tommays

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

One of three things...<br /><br />1) Left out a few zeros.<br />2) Cash transaction in small uncircculated bills.<br />3) Divorce!<br /><br />By the way I won the lottery last night :D .

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't these cigarette boats coat way over $100,000 sometimes. I know they did on Miami Vice.

paulrfrancisco

Petty Officer 1st Class

Scam, or Hijacked ebay account. Why tghe price in Euros when it is located in the US?

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

I think it falls into the "It's Too Good To BE True" category, the trailer is worth that by itself.

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

Someone in the NJ area should try to setup an appointment to see it and see what happens. Ask the seller to bring the title..<br /><br />Take down the Hull ID and have fish and game run it <br /><br />M

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

Might stink like a dead body, it is from Jersey ya know :D !

michael-lagrange

Petty Officer 1st Class

its a bid item and im sure 6800 is a miss print, more like 68000 for a starting bid. <br /> What would you do with it if you had it?

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Jeez :eek: .....a boat that uses more gas than mine!<br /><br />Yeah that auction would start at $68k or more

paulrfrancisco

Petty Officer 1st Class

FYI... Here is the response I got from EBAY on this boat...<br /><br />**************************************<br />Hello,<br /><br />My name is Konrad, and I would like to thank you for your report.<br /><br />The items recently listed with this account were the result of an <br />unauthorized account takeover. We were not aware of this activity until <br />after the listings appeared on the site. <br /><br />As soon as we became aware that an unauthorized person took over this <br />account, we reacted immediately to resolve the problem. We are <br />currently<br />in the process of restoring the account to its true owner. <br /><br />If you receive an email offering to complete this sale, we strongly <br />encourage you not to accept the offer.<br /><br />Such a purchase would take place outside of the eBay site, so it would <br />not be eligible for eBay services, including the eBay Purchase <br />Protection program. For more information, go to:<br /><br /> http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html <br /><br />We also ask you to report any emails offering to sell items outside of <br />eBay. To do so, simply forward the email to:<br /><br /> spam@ebay.com <br /><br /><br />There are a number of possible ways this account takeover might have <br />occurred:<br />- The seller may have had a simple password or password hint question <br />that someone could easily guess. <br />- A computer virus that logs and records keystrokes may have detected <br />the password. <br />- The seller could have unknowingly revealed the password to another <br />party. <br /><br /><br />Thank you for being part of the eBay community.<br /><br />Regards, <br /><br />Konrad<br />eBay SafeHarbor<br />Investigations Team<br />_____________________________________________<br /><br />Whether you're new to eBay or an experienced buyer and seller, the eBay <br />Security & Resolution Center can help you protect yourself on eBay and <br />online. For more information, please click the "Security Center" link <br />at<br />the bottom of most eBay pages.<br />_____________________________________________<br /><br />For our latest announcements, please check: <br /><br /> http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml <br />_____________________________________________<br /><br /><br />Original Message Follows:<br />-------------------------<br /><br />From: <paulorifrancisco@yahoo.com><br />To: eBay Customer Support <rswebhelp@ebay.com><br />Subject: FR=C00202 The problem you're having with fraud isn't listed <br />[8436262780 #US $IE 30165T !13301! 090300 ?01 -01 ]<br /><br /><br />Form Message %12312% 062701<br />D_ID061920061013D_ID/W_ID69190292W_ID/S_ID000S_ID<br />Subject: FR=C00202 The problem you're having with fraud isn't listed <br />[8436262780 #US $IE 30165T !13301! 090300 ?01 -01 ]<br /><br />User Feedback: 21<br />User State: ?01<br /><br />Browser Info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; <br />.NET CLR 1.1.4322)<br /><br />Account Security > Fraud concerns or issues with payment > The problem <br />you're having with fraud isn't listed<br /><br />Member or Item being reported: 8436262780 $IE US !13301! 090300<br /><br />Message: FYI<br /><br />This auction appears fraudulent. Item located in US but payment in <br />Euros, price way too low, only 3 day auction, seller requests direct <br />email by listing email address vs allowing use of "ask seller a <br />question"