Wiring Help Please (Volvo Penta )

63split63

Seaman Apprentice
I have just installed a rebuilt engine in my 97 Fourwinns Volvo Penta 5.7L GL. I have re connected the wiring but I don't have any power to the engine. There is power at the ignition switch and the accesories work. There is power at the solenoid side of the Ignition switch when you turn the key to start but nothing at the solenoid connection .There also is no power at the coil or the choke wire with the ignition switch on. There is also no power at the box on the exhaust manifold. Did I miss Something here?<br /> Thanks

63split63

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Wiring Help Please (Volvo Penta )

Update. I have it fired up now but I had to use a remote starter switch. Is there a neutral safety switch in this system that may be out of wack or should I just run a new wire from the ignition switch to the solenoid ?<br />Thanks in Advance

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

safety lanyard switch?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes there is a neutral safety switch. They are usually in the shift/throttle control. There is also a start slave relay on the engine somewhere depending on your model.<br />The safety lanyard switch shouldn't effect cranking, only ignition.