Help w/ VP water pump impeller replacement

Bob Fort

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I want to replace the water pump impeller in my 2000 VP 3.0 GS M engine. I have the correct part, but no instructions.<br /><br />Can someone please refer me to some info.....?<br /><br />Thanks, <br /><br />Bob Fort

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Help w/ VP water pump impeller replacement

3.0GSM what, need the next 3 letters. Could be sometning like 3.0GSMEFS, even the serial number would help.

Bob Fort

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry 'bout the incomplete ID on the engine!<br /><br />VP 3.0 GS M MBYMCE. SN 4110168793<br /><br />Thanks in advance for your help!<br /><br />Bob

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There was a guy yesterday that thought he had a lot newer setup than he actually had. Your's isn't a 2000, but a 98 model engine and boat. Your boat Hull ID number should be GLA14057E898 and that 898 indicates August 98.<br />Your engine is a BY model which is Volvo's 98 model year. Volvo engine ID <br /><br />The best thing to do is disconnect the hoses, remove the pump from the engine bracket replace the impeller and reinstall. Use some dishwashing liquid to lube the impeller when installing in the pump.<br />Full instructions (and pictures) are in the service manual for your engine it's Volvo PN 7797451, you should also have the manual for the fuel system which is 7797453 and one for the ignition 7797452.

Bob Fort

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don S...<br /><br />Thanks for the info. The dishwashing liquid is new to me, but I'm game. <br /><br />Thanks also for the info on the model year!<br /><br />Bob