Hey guys, does this sound like a good deal?

Namron

Cadet
1990 18' Sea Ray, 4.3 liter ski boat, the interior has some wear on it with some upolstery in the front and rear that will need re-done. It has a ring around the bottom from sitting in the water. The strips on the side are a bit fadded too. The cockpit is in great shape, all guages work etc. runs great. It has been serviced appropriately, just weathered. Trailer is in great shape. Prop has some bad dings though. $4,500.00, please let me know what you think. Thank you!

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hey guys, does this sound like a good deal?

It depends on what you are looking for, if you are looking for a fixer upper, i think you can find a simular boat cheaper, if you are looking for somthing lake ready it sounds like you found the wrong one, just my opinion but if a boat seems to run fine but the interior hull ect shows a lot of wear one of two things are obvious either the boat was not taken care of or someone has just run the heck out of it, i would ask for reciepts for repairs ect on the boat, used boats are like used cars, you can find a car that really looks good the mileage can appear low but look at the brake and gas pedal and they are worn out so go figgure, good luck finding a boat but look around take your time and don't just buy the first thing that comes around, look at the boat classifieds here on ib, got to nada and check what the boat you pick is worth then let your mind steer you where you want to go, rememer repairs are expensive. :D

1986mariner150

Petty Officer 2nd Class

There is a 1994 here in alabama for the same money that just needs a good cleaning, prop and outdrive are pristine. I was told was a low hour boat owned by 3 members of the same family since new. The thing was on www.boattrader.com

1986mariner150

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Disregaurd my post above, mentioned boat has been sold sorry.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

It sounds like a good deal but you need to look closely at the important things like the motor ,hours,outdrive ,hull condition.The things you mentioned are all cosmetic .Charlie