Information

paulrfrancisco

Petty Officer 1st Class
Seems I've seen several posts about repowering.. Most seem to want to go with the 260hp 5.7L.<br /><br />Here's a site that has what seems like pretty good prices for remanufactured long blocks... Check them out...<br /><br /> Stem to Stern

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Information

you can do a total rebuild for a heck of a lot less than that. like 1/2, a few busted knuckles and dirty finger nails. become friends with the napa guy.

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I gotta agree with Tashasdaddy, I checked out their prices and they are pretty darn high.

paulrfrancisco

Petty Officer 1st Class

What about their "member" pricing? I thought they were pretty good for their parts in general because I priced up a complete tune up, plugs, wires, cap, and roter x 2 for my my twin setup, and called a local Merc Cruiser dealer to compare the prices, and Stem to stern was a little more than $60 cheaper than the local dealer and there was no tax or shipping charges to boot....<br /><br />Is there some where less expensive out there that I dont know about? Membership is only $10.95 per year...so it easily pays for itself...

tashasdaddy

Napa auto perts, sells marine parts, a catalog over 600 pages. i/o and o/b they even have impellors. Wally at napa is like a good friend, also a mercruisers owner.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,......... That's NAPA Marine Catalog # MSP-7........... ;)

KaGee

Admiral

NAPA marine parts are mostly SIERRA in drag. <br /><br />My local NAPA does not stock.

JIm Cook

Seaman Apprentice

IMHO, NAPA has a lot of cool stuff and they seem<br />to be well staffed, but are way out on pricing.<br />Especially the marine parts. I priced a spanner wrench from them at over $95.00, found it at <br />ebasic for $53.00. Same thing with cross bearings.<br />They were double. And everything was special order.<br />Not pounding them but in todays world they gotta<br />get real with the internet and all.

tashasdaddy

as with anything else in this world, inform yourself, shop around and get the best price. i need lifters for my 4.3. mercruiser wanted 70.00. someone else 37.00, napa 18.00. all the same thing. be smart and shop around. save 30.00 on rotor,cap, & wires.