Another ER Trip

jbcurt00

Staff member
We also do the 1st fish, biggest fish, most fish bet regularly. At times she wins all 3!
Yep, mine often does too. Often we go several times a week to a little impoundment 25min from the house.

Ya know there are easier ways to get outta having to shovel snow. Didnt have to go all in w a free bus ride and an overnight....

Do what the Admiral tells ya. We are often our own worst impedance to recovery. Hope you're doing better.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I have an old dear friend that called last week in inquire about some ice fishing and the ice conditions, he doesn't know yet what had happened yet. Don't think I'll be on the ice any time soon.

So far we've gotten very little snow this season and haven't even put the blower on the tractor. Another 8 weeks and it will all but be over for the season anyways and the long term forecast is for below normal snowfall thru March.

Trust me the bus ride was anything but free and don't forget there were 2 of those involved. Also I know the 1st thing they are going to do is to stick an IV, once or four times. For some reason I have a very hard time accepting IV's, no one seems to be able to do it on one try. I cringe just thinking about it. I tell them but of course they don't seem to listen. They just want to get it in.

Todays feeling better, Still tired and weak and a lot of muscle pains still coming and going. Feeling hungry but not to the point that I want to eat much.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Pain is our friend??? lol It lets us know that we are still alive!! :lol:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
bonz_d, I know what you are saying about taking blood. One time it took a lot of nurses 45 minutes and 13 sticks to get my blood for my normal 6 month doctor's check up. And did I tell you I HATE needles. I am much better these days giving blood for the doctor's check ups then I use to be, but I never liked needles all the same. Some times they get it first stick, other times two, three or more tries. And hospitals are certainly not the place to ever get any rest. They come in in the middle of the night and draw blood for who knows why.

Just rest and get well and strong. Spring fishing season will be here before you know it. :thumb:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
about five years ago, it took three doctors, at least they said they were!! :lol: at the ER and a few nurses to take one treble hook out of my knee; while maybe 15 people looked on!!! IDIOTS!!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
about five years ago, it took three doctors, at least they said they were!! :lol: at the ER and a few nurses to take one treble hook out of my knee; while maybe 15 people looked on!!! IDIOTS!!

Yeah a number of years ago I had one buried into a knuckle up to the bend in the hook. Was able to reload the boat unhook the trailer and drive myself 20 min. to the clinic. That hurt less than most of the IV's I've had.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
. And did I tell you I HATE needles.
Just rest and get well and strong. Spring fishing season will be here before you know it. :thumb:

I tell people all the time that there is no way I could ever be an IV drug user. Guess one has to be on drugs to think that would be enjoyable. I also thank God that I'm not diabetic!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I tell people all the time that there is no way I could ever be an IV drug user. Guess one has to be on drugs to think that would be enjoyable. I also thank God that I'm not diabetic!

I say the exact same thing. How can druggers use needles is beyond me. :eek:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I knew i was in trouble when we got back to the dock and some drunk said he couldn't do it; a drunk can do just about anything!! :lol: Keep your Spirit high! and don't sweat the small stuff, cos it's all small stuff....

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Well sad to say so far today hasn't been going very well. Didn't sleep very well, up every couple hours. Appetite has gone away and still having a lot of pain in my arms and some discomfort in my chest. Anxiously waiting to see my cardiologist on Thursday. This stinks and really don't want to go back to the ER for this slight discomfort.

Tnstratofam

Commander
After the Admirals second heart attack she had allot of pain that caused us more panic and worry than anything. For me it was a nightmare not knowing if I should grab her up and run to the ER every time she complained about her chest hurting. I can't imagine how she felt or how you are feeling right now.

Prayers and good thoughts headed you and your wife's way.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
It saddens me to hear about what you're going through, these things aren't easy on the people involved, having the support of a great partner makes it a little better though, imagine doing without someone there to help. My wife is an RN and she recently spent a long time in the hospital she works for after a very simple surgery that went sideways. Some of the care was great, other parts were terrible, she would not have survived had I not stayed at the hospital 24-7 for more than a month.

I used to be in Wisconsin every month for work, I haven't been there for long time though, if I get back there in the near future I'll see if I can meet with with you, mainly just to say thank you for being such a good person in your interactions with people on this website.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I understand exactly what you're saying. Can't be getting restless with every little twinge though it sure is nerve wracking. Long ago after my 1st stents I asked my dr. how tell the difference between heart pain and heart burn. All he could tell me is that you can't. So I guess I'll just sit here with the phone in my lap.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
ondarvr that would be terrific. I thank God daily for my wife and the good Doctors that he has given the skill to care for me. When I had my 1st episode I was still young and invincible. Now that I'm almost 62 I don't feel so invincible any more.

Hope your wife has made a full and successful recovery. I learned at the early age of 9 about hospital and caring when my dad spent 62 days in a coma after an auto accident.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Long ago after my 1st stents I asked my dr. how tell the difference between heart pain and heart burn. All he could tell me is that you can't. So I guess I'll just sit here with the phone in my lap.

Geeesh, that's encouraging....:rolleyes: I've heard that a lot of people who have heart attacks have a bunch of anti acids in them..... And who doesn't get heartburn? Heck, I've had it for a week.... Had GERD once for about a month before I saw a doctor. I think the valve on the stomach weakened and was letting the gasses up. Was told to eat more frequently and small. Lots of snacking. Seemed to work.

That's the problem, the same symptoms can crossover to many different ailments... Those darn tv ads for meds don't help. They start giving the symptoms and a bunch of us think that's what we have... Crazy....

Say bonz, may I ask when you had your 1st episode? Don't hesitate to tell me it's none of my business.....;)

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Geeesh, that's encouraging....:

Say bonz, may I ask when you had your 1st episode? Don't hesitate to tell me it's none of my business.....;)

That would have in 2002, I'd just turned 48! I'll PM you the rest.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hang in there til Thurs. Rest up and if she asks, be honest w the Admiral when you self assess ;)