What did you do to or with your Inflatable Boat / SIB today?

Neuner

Seaman
Great setup. Would love to be out on those waters. Feels weird to be in South Tx and still anxiously waiting for Spring. Ready for the end of El Nino.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Did you tached both props with you alone while lightly loaded ? install an induction tach, you want to be safe running OB inside its max wot rpm range.

Happy Boating

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Great setup. Would love to be out on those waters. Feels weird to be in South Tx and still anxiously waiting for Spring. Ready for the end of El Nino.

I am in way south Florida. It is amazing the differences in temps from Naples to Tampa. Tampa is always about 8 degrees cooler. We are talking a 90 minute drive North. Waters here are in the low 80's still. Really no "set up" on my boat, as basic as it gets. It is amazing the difference between a RIB and SIB. Performance and speed night and day.

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Did you tached both props with you alone while lightly loaded ? install an induction tach, you want to be safe running OB inside its max wot rpm range.

Happy Boating

Yep I have a Tach and it's within spec. RPM's within spec. Good point to raise because engines can be ruined.

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Wow that honda is so quiet in that video.

This is a used well cared for Honda. Personally I never wanted to dish out the bucks for Honda, but this Honda came with the boat. I know why they are the most expensive on the market, never understood this until owning one. They purrrrr. You can actually have a conversation at WOT.

Neuner

Seaman
Spent some time researching online getting ready for the next season.

Looking at ladders. Think I'll just make my own 'Stirrup' version and see how that works out.

Also wanting something better for music. Marine 'auto'-radio with speakers would be fine but I don't want to drag along a lead-acid battery. Possibly considering a weatherproof-rugged jobsite boombox but they get expensive when trying to find one with a USB or SD Card input.

Last edited:

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Spent some time researching online getting ready for the next season.

Looking at ladders. Think I'll just make my own 'Stirrup' version and see how that works out.

Also wanting something better for music. Marine 'auto'-radio with speakers would be fine but I don't want to drag along a lead-acid battery. Possibly considering a weatherproof-rugged jobsite boombox but they get expensive when trying to find one with a USB or SD Card input.

Does your engine have an AC port? If idoes i think you can use a safer alternater to power that radio.

Neuner

Seaman
Does your engine have an AC port? If idoes i think you can use a safer alternater to power that radio.

No, don't have an AC port. Going to look into a small 12v battery with an approved marine case. Would be nice for other future powered electronics like a fish finder if I ever get there.

Really slow start on the trailer construction. Won't have room until after beginning of the year. Sorted the pieces and found the axle and springs to have some nics/minor rust so made the repairs and repainted. Going to build it per plans at first and make sure it works correctly and then make the needed modifications and extensions.

Neuner

Seaman
Nothing ruins a day like heading to the DMV.

Scoured the internet for Texas trailer licensing info. Called into the DMV concerning unanswered questions and clarification. Got a list from them of items to bring and how much it was going to cost. Even got cash so didn't have any check or credit fees.

Right up to the desk and presented info thinking it'd be a breeze. Dude says I need to have additional forms, pictures taken, to swing by a weigh station for verification and then an inspection station to verify the trailer. All this for a $225 trailer with a gross weight of 1500 lbs? After telling him of my extensive research which included a conversation with his department, had to start an argument and call out the bull-sphit.

After a while, got the additional requirements waived. Became even more pissed when the registration fees came out more than half the cost of the stupid trailer and more than double what I was quoted on the phone and what I had in cash. Thank you for charging an extra 6% for having to use a credit card since you lied to me.

Sorry, just needing to vent.

Neuner

Seaman
Got the boat out to take measurements for the trailer build. While it was out, installed my new transom wheels. Wow, what a difference. Wish I had time during last season to get them completed because they are going to make a world of difference. Tested with the engine mounted and it was much easier to lift and move around.

Neuner

Seaman
No Title

Bought the material and started working on a compression plate for the outboard that will hopefully serve better and have less drag than the SE Sport it's replacing. Got the cuts and brakes outlined and began cutting. Next working on a DIY braker. Already I've changed the cut-outs for the engine lower-end and it fits nicely.

Attachments

• photo236938.jpg
    photo236938.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a low hour 15hp Yamaha from a guy in New Orleans this weekend. It was so low hours from 2010 that when I opened the cowling it was filled with dirt dobber wasp nests from sitting in his garage for 6 years. I cleaned out the cowling and engine and took her for a spin sat. After 5 mins of being on the river the engine died, when I pulled the cord I could hear something inside the fly wheel. I pulled the flywheel off today with a wheel puller and low and behold there was a dirt dobber nest in the flywheel between the magnets. Cleaned her all up and put her back together and she started on the first pull.

Neuner

Seaman
I bought a low hour 15hp Yamaha from a guy in New Orleans this weekend.

Was just skimming over your other post where you had mentioned considering the purchase of this engine. Did you get to measure your top speed before you had to quit?

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I like the seat. Did you bolt it to the bench? Has she tried it out? I may have to do something like that for my wife when I get a trailer setup.
No I did not. I will be heading out tomorrow though. It seemed really fast though. I actually passed a boat for the first time and then died right in front of him.lol

Neuner

Seaman
No I did not. I will be heading out tomorrow though. It seemed really fast though. I actually passed a boat for the first time and then died right in front of him.lol

Ouch! Sounds like me and my old Jeep...

Neuner

Seaman
None of the above, just ordered a new Sea Rider 450 RIB with dark grey hull & tubes with a nice high seat placed aft for confy tiller driving. The main reason is that previous same one which has light grey hull & tubes gets dirty very quickly and needs constant cleaning which I'm already fed up with. Should be Ribbing end of january if carrier doen't sink on its way from the factory.LOL

Happy Boating

Any updates? Did you get it and were you able to take it out yet?

Neuner

Seaman
Cut, drilled, primed and painted trailer arm extension. Bent the compression plate into shape and started grinding down the edges.

Attachments

• IMG_20160130_122224.jpg
    IMG_20160130_122224.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 0

Neuner

Seaman
No Title

Compression / Anti-ventilation plate shaped and ground. Going to add third set of holes in plate and outboard closer to the front but otherwise, ready to paint.

Debating about a 10-15 degree brake at the rear tab as originally intended but afraid I will mess it up. May try it as is, first.

Attachments

• photo237191.jpg
    photo237191.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 0
  • photo237192.jpg
    photo237192.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0