How far away are you from where you boat?

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How far away are you from where you boat?

...about 3 blocks for me on the trailer to the raritan bay, from there it's about 10 miles on the water to NYC harbor, and about the same to get out the the Atlantic. The bay is great for blues, stripers, fluke, flounder, etc, etc. Had an otter or a sea lion or something pop it's head up out of the water Friday right next to the boat when I was floating around. Looking for a handout I'm sure. My wife wanted to keep him as a pet. I told her they look cute but they're nasty little ba$tards. I made some seal noises (complete with hand clapping of course...) and he disappeared into the water. <br /><br />I'm happy where I am!

MrBill

Senior Chief Petty Officer

160 feet to shoreline, moored off shore in 5 feet of water...sometimes walk, sometimes row. My only regret...should have bought waterfront 20 years ago.

UpstNYer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

14 miles north to Lake Ontario. 14 miles south to Seneca Lake. East or west from Seneca as required for the other Finger Lakes (Cayuga, Skaneateles, Keuka, Canandaigua, Owasco). <br /><br />The backyard butts up against the Canandaigua Outlet; a good little smallmouth stream that's fun to canoe. Grew up on that crick. Can remember the time when the Outlet was the Nile, the Amazon and the Orinoco all rolled into one. I was a lucky kid. <br />Bob

mike1234tampa

Seaman

Being in Tampa, FL there our a number of docks very close, the one I use is the Gandy boat ramp, about 16 miles away, bait shop across the street, and marine patrol stationed at the dock, they keep the punks away from the dock.

Stratosfied

Ensign

To the River House on Millers Ferry on the Alabama River 94 miles<br /><br />Time to load up and go depends<br /><br />PEACE of mind when I get on the water priceless

waterdogguy

Cadet

Got a dock right out front. A beer run is five minutes away though! :D

BrianTindall

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My slip, (Egg Harbor Twp NJ) less tham 10 minutes. 4 ramps within 15 minutes. Brother-in-laws house in Sea Bright an hour and a half up the Parkway.

myotherjob2

Cadet

Mine is on our own lift but a county ramp is less than 10 minutes away and is free to residents.Florida has parks near the ocean on the inter coastal for free use.Now getting a parking space is a problem as they are usually full by noon.

BugTosser

Cadet

We live exactly 1 mile from the boat(it's in the water) and 1/2 mile to the boat launch. It is currently in fresh water, but only 400 yards away from the Locks to the Sound. We have Lake union and Lake Washington within minutes but there is a 7knot / no wake so it takes a little longer to get to Lk Washington. :)

Drowned Rat

Captain

30 Min. to lakes Pleasant, Bartlett, or Horseshoe. 1 to 1.5 hours to Canyon, Saguaro, Roosevelt, and Apache. Apache is my favorite and the farthest away of course. :D

eedwards

Petty Officer 2nd Class

About 100 yards.

PitchFork

Petty Officer 1st Class

1.75 miles to one ramp on Lake Lanier or 3 to another. I am with in 10 minutes of 50+ ramps on the Lake.

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey<br /><br />I'm about 15 minutes from the Great South bay on Long Island. Once I am on the water if i want to go to the ocean its about a 40 minute boat ride -- but the fishing in the bay is usually very good-- and the family fun is excellent in the bay as well <br /><br />See Ya<br />COOL IT !!!!

me too but only 5 minutes for me to where shes slipped.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Three blocks to the closest ramp when we just want to get on a small lake but 120 miles to our usual get away lake and 200 miles to our lake home. In Minnesota you're never far from a lake.

mjgates

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm about 50 minutes from what I refer to as my lake house. It's actually a camper with an addition built on at a campground, but it's as close as I'm going to get to lake front property for quite some time.

bigd652

Cadet

1.5 miles to lake Macatawa. Same to lake Michigan.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

6 years later....

Boat is in the water at the house, ready to roll. Salt water river (estuary) with good boating (skiing, fishing, cruising) and about 10-20 minutes run to open harbor/bay, another 30 minutes to mouth of bay/ocean.

Club ramp within sight of house; 5 public ramps within 10 miles. I could trailer 1/2 hour to an ocean inlet's ramp. I often trailer 1 1/2 hours to a place on the Eastern Shore seaside but there are closer spots; lots of people here trailer across the bay (20 minutes) to a ramp on the other side in protected water, to avoid the run across open water.

Marina 2 blocks from the office. I could boat to work but I don't mix work and play.

Several fresh water lakes for small boats within 30 minutes. But I'm a salty.

Decent boating weather 9 months out of the year. This is a boater's paradise, y'all.

Surfer Dave

Seaman Apprentice

walk out my back door and hop in boat, it is always in the water.....I'm lucky I live on Lake Weir in central FL, The only time my boat see's a trailer is when I yank it out for hurricane's

Shamus O'toole

Petty Officer 1st Class

10 min drive and I'm in the salt....25min drive and I can put in at Tarpon Lake...frsh water.

Zoob

Seaman

I'm about 10 seconds away, live on a lake house. The backyard is my shoreline.