Stern Noise

Superbee

Seaman
Went out this weekend boat ran great all day Saturday, BUT Sunday After about 20 mins the stern starting making a Load Knocking Noise, I'm new to boats Any Ideas? What to check for? any tests to do?<br />This is an old 1968 Mark Twian boat with a II drive<br /><br />Thanks

Trent

Captain
Re: Stern Noise

Check the oil level in the drive and for water.

fendersfender

Petty Officer 1st Class

loose flywheel will make a knocking sound...i had this problem, took me forever to figure it out (flywheel nuts loose and two broken studs)

Superbee

Seaman

I did check the oil level it's full and looks like oil not Milk, the noise is from the back of the boat not inside at all

kwoolard

Chief Petty Officer

sounds like it could be your U-joints. pull the drive, easy job, and check the joints for rust or damage and any sign of water in the U-joints bellow. also may want to check the engine to outdrive alignment.

Superbee

Seaman

I was going to pull the drive and check it out but there are no bolts on the back like the new ones<br />Any help here?<br />This is a Old II drive Old i here these are bullet proof drives HHHmmm makes me wonder<br />II Drive 1964-1967 #2008152<br /><br />I can post a pic if ya need one<br />Thanks

kwoolard

Chief Petty Officer

Not sure about that...post a picture. Maybe somebody familair with the older drives will chime in.

Superbee

Seaman

Well found out today what is wrong the Pinion Gear is missing a few teeth, well so much for being Bullet Proof:) NOW the Question is Parts Everything is NLA Go figure i have never had a problem getting Parts until today i can't find this Anywhere at all<br />Part i'm looking for 43-39377A3 Here a Pic if anyone has some Parts Contact me<br />Thanks<br />
23.jpg

Superbee

Seaman

there could have been damage when i got the boat but i put about 30 hours on it before Boom<br />Plus other things like a rock between the prop and stern (me) WOT with stern 3/4 up only went 20 mins after that<br />I found the parts i need should have this back up in a couple weeks i hope