Laptop Battery.........

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hey MT. Did all that and I can't find series. I can find the other 3 #s. HP Support Assistant doesn't show series either... I'm at a loss..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Serial number: 5CD3410ZZ0
Product number: E8B90UA#ABA
Model number 17-E016DX

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Just enter your model number only in the search box and hit the Yellow Go button it returns one batter with the numbers Best Buy uses that states:

(1) Batteries compatible with Hewlett Packard WD548AA#ABB

Lenmar part number LBZ352HP

Price $51.98

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Best Buy and Batteries plus are way to expensive on these batteries, which is why I purchase off ebay, my Pavilion uses the same battery and I got it for $12 bucks back in Nov with free shipping!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
By the way Wim, make sure and check your power cord, there is a recall on many of the HP power cords and they will replace it free if you have one of the recalled cords.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Good "find"(ha) MT. I didn't pay any attention to the Lenmar search box..... Didn't even realize it was a search box.... I was trying to go thru the proper steps of BB. Silly me..... Road trip! I need to get out of the house anyway....

thumpar

Admiral
When you are doing your searches for the battery you can drop the #ABA off the product number. HP doesn't even use that part when we are filing warranty claims. Check batteries plus. They have most batteries in stock here. On the screen you will probably have to remove 2 screws at the bottom of each corner. They can be hard to get to sometimes. I do more Dell warranty work than HP and about 50% of the time that they diagnose a bad screen all I have to do is reseat the cable on the back of the LCD to fix it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Those 2 screws are behind a rubber plug in each corner. That's the next thing I need to tackle down in my R/C room......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yup, the HP have the screws on mine located at the bottom of the screen bezel, one in each corner.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
When you are doing your searches for the battery you can drop the #ABA off the product number. HP doesn't even use that part when we are filing warranty claims. Check batteries plus. They have most batteries in stock here. On the screen you will probably have to remove 2 screws at the bottom of each corner. They can be hard to get to sometimes. I do more Dell warranty work than HP and about 50% of the time that they diagnose a bad screen all I have to do is reseat the cable on the back of the LCD to fix it.

Batteries plus is way to expensive if you have to purchase yourself, mine uses the same battery and they quoted me over a $100 bucks for the battery, as I said, I paid way less for the same battery with another name on it and it was a Lenmar battery.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Say, I usually don't turn off my LT at nite just like I never shutdown my PC. Should I be turning the LT off every nite?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Say, I usually don't turn off my LT at nite just like I never shutdown my PC. Should I be turning the LT off every nite?

I don't, I have never turned it off, unless it is in the case and I am traveling, no reason to turn it off.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I just heard that LTs were different than PCs as far as powering down or not....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I don't turn any of my computers off, besides the two laptops in the living room, there are 7 others running in the house and garage at any given time.

thumpar

Admiral
I leave all mine on also unless I need to shutdown for hardware changes. Usually I will reboot every week or 2 but that is it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Battery is going downhill fast. Only holds a charge for 40 minutes. That roadtrip may come sooner than later.....