Had visit from dear old friend.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Friend of mine dropped in last night.
Haven't seen him in a few months, but his cousin "cold rain" has been staying with me over the summer.

sorry2.jpg

How'd you guys do up north?

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
At 2am the ground was completely white. Patches of white scattered about and on the windshield for more than 1/2 of today. Those other guys must have fell on their heads. We only had 4 full months w/o snow this year, June - Sept. Almanac is calling for another nasty winter like last year, if not worse...

southkogs

Staff member
YIKES! It was freezing down here last night too ... almost 60 degrees :smow:

Actually, while not as dramatic as snow ... we're supposed to get down to the thirties tonight which is unusually cold for us.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Well, we're had some very nice weather the last few days. Got to about 25 yesterday (was 29 on Wednesday), but it's raining and cold today, only about 18 at the moment... :D (I hope you realise those temperatures are Celsius, not Fahrenheit. :D)

Tnstratofam

Commander
Got our first frost of the season overnight here at my house. My dad lives further up the mountains, and had frost at his house last week or so. Got down to about 32 or so last night. Even here in the mountains of East Tn seems like we're starting a little early for cold temps.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
WIMUSKY. I'm hearin ya. I'm down at the other end of the state and we just got missed by it. Yesterday morning I got up and was looking at the weather and radar. It was 36deg at 5am and the white stuff was falling in Lake Geneva which is about 20 minutes north and west of me. Yesterday never got above 46, rest of the week supposed to be mid to hi 50's. Right now at 7am it's 31deg. Season over?????

rbh

Fleet Admiral
First part of Last week cold and frost in the morning and then warming trend, this week we are starting at 25c-80F+-.
Gotta luv these prolonged summers, BTW still picking tomatoes and peppers, there has to be 60 big beef steak tomatoes still to come on so I have them tented under polly

WIMUSKY

Staff member
First part of Last week cold and frost in the morning and then warming trend, this week we are starting at 25c-80F+-.
Gotta luv these prolonged summers, BTW still picking tomatoes and peppers, there has to be 60 big beef steak tomatoes still to come on so I have them tented under polly

Yeah, good for you...........:rolleyes::p:)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well success, the plow is in top notch form now, had to completely rebuilt everything on it this summer, but should be ready for the old friend to drop by again!

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
We didn't get the snow up here,but the lake keeps it a tad warmer. I saw other pics from your area.....dang.

bekosh

Lieutenant
No Title

Gotta love Wisconsin. A week ago we were swimming on Winnebago. :faint2:

Attachments

• photo209866.jpg
    photo209866.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0

Twidget

Commander
Highs in the 90's today, they are forecasting highs in the 60's Saturday.