Vice President Shoots Lawyer

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Vice President Shoots Lawyer

pw2, ranch owner conferring with cheney story was printed in the very first accounts on CNN.com - no way in hell would she pick up the phone and make that call...this ain't the beverly hillbillies...do not expect anyone to exploit their story with made for TV movies or papparazzi-type photos or National Enquirer interviews. Some say cover-up, I say using good judgement. Okay maybe some hired hand or ambulance driver or ER orderly or something, but not the ranch people.<br /><br />If you want to call the ranch, the number is 361-216-2551<br /><br />Where are the alcohol-related rumors coming from? Bloggers maybe? <br /><br />I don't think for one second that it's unusual for the Sheriff to interview the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA the next day. It's the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA for crying out loud. Qualify for special treatment. Your dam right he qualifies! In case anybody wasn't listening, it's the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!<br /><br />I'll make fun of him as a politician any chance I get, but this is what a real man does when he's responsible for an accident:<br />
<br />"You can't blame anybody else. I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend," Cheney said in excerpts released before the full interview is aired. "The image of him falling is something I'll never be able to get out of my mind. I fired and there's Harry falling," he added.
It was a 28 gauge Perazzi Serial #115288 with 7 1/2 shot.<br /><br />Both hunters were issued a warning for Parks & Wildlife Code violations.<br /><br />Did y'all notice it took place in Kenedy County? hmmmmmmmmmm...maybe there is a connection...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

2/28/1844 A 12-inch gun aboard the USS Princeton exploded, killing Secretary of State Abel P. Upshur, Navy Secretary Thomas W. Gilmer and several others. On the new warship, USS Princeton, the shipboard cannon called the "Peacemaker" exploded during a demonstration firing. Also aboard the ship was President John Tyler, additional cabinet members and hundreds of distinguished guests. The cannon weighed 27,000 pounds, had a 15-foot-long barrel and could hurl a 225-pound ball six miles.<br /><br />I am not distracted, but I am glad the libs are. I hope they get so deeply invested in this newest GETBUSH attempt, that They loose sight of plamegate, judgegate and the rest of it. I hope cindy keeps whining too.<br />It keeps the loonies confused.

SwampNut

Petty Officer 1st Class

cheney-kennedy.jpg

PW2

Commander

JTex,<br /><br />FTR, The ranch owner claimed in one account account she called on her own volition. She later claimed she conferred with Cheney.<br /><br />There were other discrepancies. She at one point claimed that the lawyer came up behind Cheney, and then claimed she really didn't know what happened exactly.<br /><br />Whatever, in the scheme of things it's probably not the biggest story. It's just indicative of the secrecy and the obfuscation, as well as the outright misstatements this administration likes to operate in.<br /><br />This is merely today's example of this. Who knows what tomorrows example will be.<br /><br />If you are comfortable with that, so be it. <br />I am not.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Stupid ranch owner! Game Warden's report lists her as an eyewitness. What is it they say about eyewitnesses? Not reliable as evidence? Or do I watch too much CSI?<br /><br />Comfortable with how the whole hunting thing was handled? Meh, pretty much. <br /><br />Comfortable with the secrecy and the obfuscation, as well as the outright misstatements this administration likes to operate in? Not completely...thing is...I'm not sure if it's more Secrecy & Mistatement than is normal for an administration, or if they're just not as good at it. I mean, I'm not sure a president can adequately run the country without a certain amount of S & M.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Why all the fuss , simple accident no conspiracy, no hidden motives.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

....wonder what the lawyer would have dressed out at?.....

PW2

Commander

I agree that matters of national security and sensitive negotiations require a certain amount secrecy...No question<br /><br />But this administration, and Cheney specifically, has raised secrecy to an artform. From the Energy task force participants to the 9-11 commission to the Katrina efforts and on and on... He has kept anything possible as secret as possible<br /><br />And he has not been correct on *anything* re the Iraq war, been accused by the CIA of cherry-picking intelligence info, and apparently Scooter Libby suggests it was his "Superiors" (presumably Cheney) that told him to leak classified info, in order to discredit criticism.<br />Of course, he was wrong again, and the criticism was correct.<br /><br />This shooting incident, and how the press was manipulated, is all a part of a body of work that is deeply troubling to me...<br /><br />Ok, now I'm done...<br /><br />OH, perhaps he needs a better advance man to get all the proper permits on his license next time.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Doesn't say much for the intellect of our VP - hunting lawyers with a 28 ga. and 7½ shot - need #4 or larger.....and a 12 ga. For other varmints a rifle will do, but those lawyers are quick.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

PW2,<br /><br />The press was in no way manipulated. The press did the manipulating, fabricating, speculating and whinning. This was in no way a matter of state, it is a personal matter but none the less it was three times faster than the release of information regarding the Vince Foster's "suicide". I have yet to hear the roar of coverup from the press.<br /><br />I guess it is interesting that a professional member of the government can't follow the laws regarding the tax on hunting even when it involves the VP of the United States. This is just another example of why I think the smarts needed to be a government official are overrated.

heycods

Captain

Yep Old D!ck got caught in our (Texas) trap<br /><br />That law change just took place this year in the license requirments, most people dont know it yet, and they dont tell you when you go in to buy a license. If you go buy a texas hunting license, and say I need a hunting license, You have to purchase a seprate stamp to hunt migratory birds, you also have to buy a seprate stamp to hunt non- migratory birds (the stamp he didnt have)<br />If you gon and buy a fishing license, you are allowed to fish for salt water fish, If you fresh water fish , you have to buy a seprate freshwater fishing stamp to go with your fishing liscense. <br />Its called revenue inhansement. What ever happened to the good old days when you went in and bought a hunting and fishing comb. license and you could fish or hunt anything. Rant Rant Rant. Bad thing is I have seen several citations issued this year, because the people were uninformed. They had to pay a big fine. More revenue inhansment. Rant Rant Rant. AND Poor OLD D!CK CHEANEY got caught in a revenue inhansment scheme. Ironic isnt it. Rant Rant Rant

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Perhaps anytime the press is not allowed to manipulate a story, then they are being manipulated.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Booner:<br /> I'd still rather go hunting with **** Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy
I saw this shirt and thought of this post...<br /><br />
hunting.jpg

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> JTex,<br /><br />FTR, The ranch owner claimed in one account account she called on her own volition. She later claimed she conferred with Cheney.<br /><br />There were other discrepancies. She at one point claimed that the lawyer came up behind Cheney, and then claimed she really didn't know what happened exactly.<br /><br />Whatever, in the scheme of things it's probably not the biggest story. It's just indicative of the secrecy and the obfuscation, as well as the outright misstatements this administration likes to operate in.<br /><br />This is merely today's example of this. Who knows what tomorrows example will be.<br /><br />If you are comfortable with that, so be it. <br />I am not.
The only mistake I think the women made was not consulting a laywer before making any statement to the press or liberals in general. She called on her own and she also talked to Cheney....OMG!!!!!!!....that IS strange....LOL! discrepency ???? I dont get that...although, I understand what your trying to spin...just dont be insulted if I laugh in your face...