FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Good for you on the camper,ee. I actually prefer tenting it. An airbed is very comfy IMO.<br /><br />Thanks for the info. I haven't made my travel directions yet, but that info will be quite helpful.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

What, you don't trust my directions? :rolleyes: <br /><br /> From the west:<br />Hwy 29 to hwy 107, exit 156<br />South 9.6 miles to hwy 153<br />turn left (east) proceed 0.2 miles<br />turn right (south) proceed 2 miles<br />turn right (west) proceed 3.9 miles<br />turn left, go 0.8 miles, turn right into south campground.<br /><br /><br />from the South:<br /><br />take I-39 US 51 north.<br />Exit #179, turn left (west) on hwy 153<br />(hold your nose if you need to) <br />stay on hwy 153 for 7.8 miles (from the exit)<br />Turn left (south) proceed 2 miles<br />turn right (west) proceed 3.9 miles<br />turn left, go 0.8 miles, turn right into south campground.<br /><br /><br />I hope your camper squeaks!!! :D :D :eek: <br /><br /><br />.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Everything is loaded except the coolers, my clothes, and camera.<br />Even managed to get a little firewood packed in.

eeboater

Commander

lol I trust your directions... I am just OCD about some things and need to research them myself... :p Just trying to lend a helping hand. :D <br /><br />Mapquest tells me to go through Madison and straight up 39... but I'm not sure if I want to do that or not. Traditionally, I'd take 10 out of Oshkosh to Stevens Point. (My wife went to college there) I understand 10 has been all redone and is nice n' purdy now. I don't know if I want to take the HWY from here to there... Never went the route through Madison, seems out of the way.<br /><br />And there will be no squeaking from our trailer... there's going to be 6 people in it and if I hear any squeaking.... well, I'm sleeping in the boat :p :D<br /><br />Sean

bekosh

Lieutenant

I know Hwy 10 from Oshkosh to Fremont is all 4 lane. Past there, I don' know. That's the route that I'm planing on taking. 41 to 10 to 51/39 exit Mosinee. Simple.

gonfishn

Commander

Brother and me will stop in Madison and then head North in am on friday. He is coming up from Greensboro and will head up from here..

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, I may not have my boat with me, but I do have some shiny new tire I can show off! :) <br />Just picked up some Bridgestone Dueler APT IIIs from Sears today, as they had a Sun/Mon sale on them for $65/tire! Killer deal, as the generic Daytons I was looking at were $373 OTD, and these Duelers were $353 OTD.<br /><br />And since I'm driving the truck, if anyone has any firewood(between Chicago area and the lake) that needs hauling, I can stop by on Fri and pick it up. Plenty of room!

sangerwaker

Commander

Sorry, roscoe. Not at all that I don't trust your directions, it's just I had forgotten you posted them. :eek: <br /><br />Did ya find a wakeboard SpeedWagon?

sangerwaker

Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> And there will be no squeaking from our trailer... there's going to be 6 people in it and if I hear any squeaking.... <br /><br />
And yet again another reason for airbeds..... :D :D :p

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> Sorry, roscoe. Not at all that I don't trust your directions, it's just I had forgotten you posted them. :eek: <br /><br />Did ya find a wakeboard SpeedWagon?
Not yet. I'm debating whether or not to buy one. Or maybe find a place that rents them for the weekend or something.

sangerwaker

Commander

I checked with a bud of mine and he already loaned his out. A friend of his has it 250 miles away and won't be back in time. None of the guys I ski with wakeboard.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

EE, Where are you at again, Sussex area?<br /><br />If so, it is definitely shorter to go up 41 to 10.<br />I used to make that run 3-5 times a week when I was driving truck.<br />The 2 routes are about equal if you start at Brookfield Square.<br /><br />The traffic is better on 41 and 10, and there are better/more convenient places to stop along the way.<br /><br />Oh yeah, before I forget - I don't know of any gas station at the lake. The closest are 10 and 14 miles away. So gas up before you get there.<br /><br />Talked with a woman that was at the lake yesterday.<br />SHe said that because of the lack of rain, and the warm weather, that the water was warm, BUT was turning green. :(

eeboater

Commander

Very cool - thanks for the info Roscoe. I have been asking anyone any everyone about that information - noone could give me a straight answer but you!<br /><br />Regarding the green water... it is funny you mention that. I was searching Google Images for some photos of Big Eau Pleine and this came up:<br /><br />
wausau080405_11.sized.jpg
<br /><br />I figured it was just algae on the lake but was wondering what the heck was going on.

gonfishn

Commander

Last day here for a couple of weeks fro me. headn out Thursday. The Gray Ghost will be arriving on Friday.. Will be nice to match faces with names.<br /><br />
P3220042.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Have a safe journey Jeff.<br /><br />EE, not sure exactly where that photo was taken, looks to be way way up river from the main lake.<br />They tell me that is where the better fishing is, but who knows.

eeboater

Commander

Good news!! I have another person attending... a buddy of mine is travelling from the Twin Cities via motorcycle. Looks like my boat will be hitting capacity on Saturday! Lets hope the ole' 5.0 can pull 6 people and a person on a tube!!<br /><br />Sean

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

So how are the cops in Wisconsin. Typically in Minnesota an unwritten law is 4 over the speed limit. Does this work in Wisconsin or is that asking for a ticket?

sangerwaker

Commander

I travel into 'Sconny frequently, euro. I've heard they're a little tougher on tourists, and I usually stick within 2 of the posted limit, and I've never gotten a ticket yet. I did get a couple warnings, but I was definitely going more than 2 over at the time....

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

u guys from min can go as fast as u want i recomend around 95 to 100 miles per hour my wife wont come but i think 2 buds are comming from madison my boat toasted the axel last weekend so it might not be there and all my fishing gear is on it and it,s 60 miles the wrong direction from here but i'lll drag my sorry but there so u people can see that i talk like i wright

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

LOL at Joel. Is that cup of yours holf empty or half full? Thanks for the warning sanger. I will keep it at the posted unless I can find someone to shadow.