FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN******

bekosh

Lieutenant
Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Re: FREE POPCORN, Wisconsin iboaters Shindig, Attendees ****** PLEASE CHECK IN**

Welcome aboard javsam. The more the merrier. :D

sangerwaker

Commander

Pointer, I am a margarita connoisseur. ;) I no longer drink them blended. I've fallen in lust with the "perfect margarita". Served like a martini. Shaken, not stirred.<br /><br />Here's my recipe<br /><br />4 parts Cuervo 1800<br />1 part grand mariner<br />1 part Cointreau<br />1 part Orange juice<br />2 parts Rose's lime juice<br />8 parts sweet and sour (Mr & Mrs T's preferably)<br />Fresh lime wedge-see EDIT<br /><br />Mix with crushed ice in shaker and strain into martini glasses.<br /><br />EDIT-I forgot to mention to be sure to salt the rim of the glass. Rub the fresh lime wedge around the rim, and dip the glass in margarita salt. Squeeze the juice from the lime wedge into the mixture before shaking.<br /><br />This is the best recipe I've tried.......so far :p <br /><br />Very expensive to buy all of the ingredients at one time, but totally worth it IMO.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

No problem, I have most of the required ingredients as we speak. I of course will need to sample. But I have problems making martini type drinks without wasting, so I will have to work on my handicap in the meantime. :D <br /><br />Polish margarita:<br /><br />Take standard blender container and fill with Jose to the required amount based on disposition at time of consumption. Usually about 8-10 shots. Add Concentrated frozen LIME juice. (Just like OJ in the little 12 oz concentrate cans) Scoop in 1/2 of the can. Fill container with ICE. Fill remaining space with a lite or lager beer.. Blend, serve in glass with salt on rim. Sugar = bad.<br /><br />So if you have beer, (most people do) and can set aside about 90cents for a can of lime juice, and you have tequila, you are ready to go. Although based on your recipe you may not completely appreciate the simplistic perfection of this little number.. :D

sangerwaker

Commander

Hey, if it's got ta kill ya in it, I'll like it! :D <br /><br />Javsam, just in case you didn't catch it above, my boy will be nearly 8 by the time of the get together. A little young for the girls probably. We're still contemplating having him bring a friend. What type of water sports do you enjoy? Slalom skiing? Kneeboarding? Just curious. I'm a die hard barefooter myself. <br /><br />Looking forward to meeting everybody! :)

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

sanger I'll let the girls do the watersports, they love tubing.I am not as wild as you.<br />javsam

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

No sympathy for you guys if you wake up with a hangover. :D :D <br /><br />No beer, no takillya, no Jack, no Brandy in my site. I'll hurl if I even smell it. :eek: :( <br /><br />Maybe a glass of wine though. :)

Pony

Rear Admiral

No lie, my wifes favorite beer is called "totally naked" from New Glarus. If they make it I will try and probably like it.
I believe they also make "spotted cow" also good.....<br /><br /><br />If I am able to make it I will bring sausage.......NOT kidding

Pony

Rear Admiral

Maybe a glass of wine though.
Mybe I'll bring some homemade wine from our grapevine too...............

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Right on Pony, spotted cow, uff da, fat squirel and a couple of others that escape me. If you ever get a chance to check out the micro brew tasting festival at the Milwaukee Ale House in the third ward, it's time well spent.<br /><br />It's Ale that cures yea!!!!!!<br /><br />Come to the get together, drink wisconsins finest, and bring sausage!! :D

bekosh

Lieutenant

Milwaukee Ale House, one of my favorite boating destinations. :D <br />The beer that I've been drinking alot of lately is Sprecher's Piper's Scottish Ale. A dark ale with a smooth smokey flavor. Mmmmm, Beer.

sangerwaker

Commander

Cool. Some dark beer drinkers. I'll make sure to bring a sampling of my favorites to share. :) <br /><br />Not trying to snub you roscoe. My wife does not like beer. Im sure she'll have a glass of wine with ya. I may too, but bad things happen when I start mixing alcohol varieties. :eek:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I haven't been able to drink beer for many years, something with the yeast/malt ?? messes with my system, plus I don't like it. :) <br /><br />Pretty much quit drinking over the years, but have one, once in a while.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> Pretty much quit drinking over the years, but have one, once in a while.
I think I heard Otis tell Barney Fife the same thing one day. :p :p :p :p :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

oooh maaaan, that hurts.<br />Don't you trust me? (don't answer that)<br /><br /><br />And I'm not as fat as Otis yet, more like Festus. :D

sangerwaker

Commander

Time for a bump! :)

heycods

Captain

Originally posted by javsam:<br /> sanger I'll let the girls do the watersports, they love tubing.I am not as wild as you.<br />javsam
You sure you want to bring them gurls around the drinking folks ;) :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Not to worry, plenty of non drinkers will be there to keep things under control.<br /><br />Latest is.... nephew and wife may join the fun.<br /><br />now I may have to bring 2 boats !!!

sangerwaker

Commander

Now cods, what are you accusing us of specifically? ;) :D :p <br /><br />Nobody said I was gonna be three sheets to the wind all day every day. I may tie one on in the evening, but after the kids go to bed. Besides, how am I gonna compare margarite recipes if i don't sample? ;) :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Cods,<br /><br />I mean this in the nicest way possible, "if you are not from Wisconsin you just wouldn't get it." ;) :D :p <br /><br />Those of us from the area know exactly what I speak of. :cool:

eeboater

Commander

Hey Roscoe - how do I join up with this crazy group of people? Should I email you to get a site?<br /><br />Sean