New to forum, my 1st boat.

jt1974

Recruit
Hello,

Just wanted to say hi. I picked up a 1960 16' starcraft boat and trailer with lark 40 evinrude on it in a trade for my riding lawnmower. needs alittle work mainly hooking up cables and stuff like that, replacing some wood and seting up a better seating arrangement since the stock seats are gone and the old owner setup I dont like.

40419_1511324830387_1452362339_1311632_7677997_n.jpg

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: New to forum, my 1st boat.

Welcome to the club...I promise that tin can will be more fun that cutting the grass:D

With a little work you can make that a very nice rig:)

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

When I was a kid we had a 16' SC with a Evinrude "Starflight 75" - the first Fat 4 - sucked gas and ate sparkplugs! All at once!

BUT - it had that same wicked cool grey/white/silver cowling on your rig - love that look.

Keep your thread going and everyone loves pics!

jt1974

Recruit

Thanks for the welcome. I am moving to a new home in two weeks but the best part of the move is I will have a garage to put the boat in and work on it here and there til next summer.

Living in Minnesota = You need a garage!. :)

Huron Angler

Admiral

Can anyone link me to photos that show where the forward/reverse and throttle controls mount too.

I am moving to a new home soon so I wont be able to do much work on it, but it would be nice to put those where they go instead of laying on the floor.

They should be mounted on the Starboard side gunwale so that it's comfortable to reach while sitting at the helm.

The length of the throttle and steering cables should help you find the location also.

jt1974

Recruit

They should be mounted on the Starboard side gunwale so that it's comfortable to reach while sitting at the helm.

The length of the throttle and steering cables should help you find the location also.

Ok thats kinda what I figured. Thanks.

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the welcome. I am moving to a new home in two weeks but the best part of the move is I will have a garage to put the boat in and work on it here and there til next summer.

Living in Minnesota = You need a garage!. :)

Another Minnesotan! Man we are growing on this forum like mosquitos after a rain storm! With Paparoof, starcraft6ss, me and now you them Michigan boys are gonna have to keep an eye out behind them for the Minnesota mob of Starcraft boats coming their way!

Welcome to the forums, nice boat!! Where about are you located or going to be located in MN? Both Starcraft16ss and I are near the mississippi and 494 (woodbury and SSP).

ChucknDiscs

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

minnesota, michigan, what's the difference?? :p

JT, you done good on that swap. you can replace entire ignition system on that motor for <$125, carb kit for 30ish and fuel pump kit for maybe 25 and you're likely good to go as long as motor has compression.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Another Minnesotan! Man we are growing on this forum like mosquitos after a rain storm! With Paparoof, starcraft6ss, me and now you them Michigan boys are gonna have to keep an eye out behind them for the Minnesota mob of Starcraft boats coming their way!

Welcome to the forums, nice boat!! Where about are you located or going to be located in MN? Both Starcraft16ss and I are near the mississippi and 494 (woodbury and SSP).

ChucknDiscs

Awesome yet another thing we can argue about. I/O vs outboard, SS vs Holiday, Ford vs Chevy and now state vs state. Lets get ready to rumble.

I gotta give it up to a state that elected a wrestler as Gov though. Jesse the Body Rocks....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHAQvZCQcXU

Now if I could just get Ted Nugent elected here in Michigan.:cool:

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bwana---

you forgot curved vs straight windshield, or as it's sometimes known, "gorgeous curvaceous reminders of the early 60s when everything was styled after jets vs. seventies atrocities that linger like cheesy old paneling with printed-on woodgrain" ;)

bananaboater

Ensign

Welcome to the Starmada JT. Keep us posted. Curious exactly what model it is.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I have to agree with my buddy Huron up there. Riding around in that boat will be wayyyyyyy more fun than riding around on that mower!

Great job, nice rig and welcome!

Cheers!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I dont know, that looks like a big lawn you have. Going to be hard cutting it with the boat. LOL :D Wait..... Solution. Dig it all up and put a pond in.