Not only is the water full of idiots but....

DennisM

Petty Officer 2nd Class
....So are the roads...

Broad daylight, middle of the afternoon. Sitting waiting to make a left turn, signal on, completely stopped.

Look in side view mirror, (I was passenger), see a truck flying up, not slowing down, split second later, hear squeal, and WHAM! He was looking at the bar not the road.

He hit so hard, he road up on the side of the car, there was a piece of his headlight on the hood of our car!

His attitude? I am quoting here, No big deal, relax, just an accident!

Guessing the car is totaled, ruined the weekend, arm and shoulder very sore.

So remember not only do boats have jerks for operators, but so do f250's!

Attachments

• IMG00334-20100814-1710.jpg
    IMG00334-20100814-1710.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00338-20100814-1711.jpg
    IMG00338-20100814-1711.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Not only is the water full of idiots but....

Almost exact same thing happened to me twice and I saw it coming both times. I was hit by a car while waiting to turn left the first time. The second time I was right next to the car that got hit.

jonesg

Admiral

DennisM;2866139 His attitude? I am quoting here said:
See a doctor, then an ambulence chaser lawyer, tell the blind driver
"no big deal, just pain and suffering".:)

jbjennings

Captain

I've learned through years of driving that it doesn't pay to sit in a high speed road waiting to make a left turn whether you have your blinker on or not. Eventually, you WILL get smacked and possibly even killed by someone that isn't paying close enough attention. I hit a driver doing hat exact thing right in the middle of a very sharp curve. I was only going 25mph at the time and there was a sudden storm, causing my brakes to be very ineffective and I still only hit them about 15 mph. It was totally my fault. My only accident in 38yrs.
My wife hit someone turning left (into a bar, matter of fact) just after a sharp curve. Totally her fault as well. She hit them about 50mph and I was very lucky that neither she nor my children, or the 2 other cars she smashed were injured. She just wasn't paying close enough attn. (not talking on the cell phone). Her only accident in 32yrs.
I'm just saying that I make the block or watch my rearview mirror constantly and if I see someone coming before I can make my turn, I go on down the road and turn around.
Glad you weren't hurt and sorry about your trip,
JBJ

Last edited:

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

time to see the doc, and that car is headed for the junkyard. Sorry to hear this.....

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

A few times I've been stopped waiting to make a turn like that and had to haul butt because the guy behind wasn't going to stop.....

ohio river rat in KY

Petty Officer 2nd Class

school just started here my wife and i took my son to school on the first day he started middle school, middle and high school is right across each other on a high way in the county not in town but anyway we dropped him off pulled out and this teen ager with about 4 buddies in a heavy duty a newer one with the lift and all could not wait or just show in off pulled out in front of us and got all side ways and fish tailed just about smacked us head on and they was just a laughing about it should of went and jerked a knot it there @ss but did not want to go to jail, then got a few miles up the to our rink-e-dink by pass and there was a wreak with 3 teen agers in it they did not know what the red light meant i guess.....all of this on the first morning of school

DennisM

Petty Officer 2nd Class

time to see the doc, and that car is headed for the junkyard. Sorry to hear this.....

No as much as I talk about needing a good lawsuit to pay some bills, I can not do that. Shoulder is a little tight, if it still is tomorrow I will goto the er, but dont expect much to be wrong. All in and all it was an accident, (or as I am now calling events like this an Assident). If there turns out to be anything wrong, I am sure the ins will pay the doc bills, not worried about that, but pain and suffering, more worried about getting the ins to cover a rental car at this point, as that was our only car.

Not to mention have to figure out a way to replace it, cause I still owe just under blue book retail value on it, (I know never get upside down on a loan) and can not afford to replace it.

As for the car, Ya its totaled I know it. Frame damage, as well as it being the rear quarter panel, inner wheel well, complete rear bumper and inner bumper core, exhaust, rear a-frame bent forward, front end way out of alignment now as well, trunk mounts bent and tweaked, gas tank filler tube bent forward and up.

Thats just the visible damage. I was just amazed at his lazy-faire attitude on the whole thing, If I hit something inanimate, I feel like a total ***, let alone hitting someone else...

fishrdan

Admiral

His attitude? I am quoting here, No big deal, relax, just an accident!

I would have lost it with that &*@^%# and his @^*#% comment.... :mad: To him it just looks like a hunk of crunched metal, but what about you, and what he did to YOU.

I had my back screwed up for 6-7 years because of someone else's careless mistake while driving.... Not something I want to go through again.

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

No as much as I talk about needing a good lawsuit to pay some bills, I can not do that. Shoulder is a little tight, if it still is tomorrow I will goto the er, but dont expect much to be wrong. All in and all it was an accident, (or as I am now calling events like this an Assident). If there turns out to be anything wrong, I am sure the ins will pay the doc bills, not worried about that, but pain and suffering, more worried about getting the ins to cover a rental car at this point, as that was our only car.

Not to mention have to figure out a way to replace it, cause I still owe just under blue book retail value on it, (I know never get upside down on a loan) and can not afford to replace it.

As for the car, Ya its totaled I know it. Frame damage, as well as it being the rear quarter panel, inner wheel well, complete rear bumper and inner bumper core, exhaust, rear a-frame bent forward, front end way out of alignment now as well, trunk mounts bent and tweaked, gas tank filler tube bent forward and up.

Thats just the visible damage. I was just amazed at his lazy-faire attitude on the whole thing, If I hit something inanimate, I feel like a total ***, let alone hitting someone else...

dont go to the doc for a lawsuit, but have it checked out to make sure it didnt screw anything else up, and in case anything starts getting screwy in a week or so you have documentation that you tried to mitigate it, and are not trying to catch up on it later. I know what you mean about being upside down on the loan, My wives PT crusier was totaled out about a year ago, and we owed more than it was worth. It sucks having to make a payment on a car some idiot destroyed on you, and having yours (and their) insurance say essentially tough luck (but more ins from us would have helped (gap ins)) Hope you can get into something in the mean time to drive, and the ins should cover a rental ( for about a week or so) to at least have some wheels

TilliamWe

Banned

Dennis, is that a Pontiac GrandAm? If so it's totalled, not because of the structural damage, but because Pontiac GrandAms aren't worth much money anymore.

DennisM

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dennis, is that a Pontiac GrandAm? If so it's totalled, not because of the structural damage, but because Pontiac GrandAms aren't worth much money anymore.

ya its a grand am gt.

KBB lists retail at 4870.00 on it, we owe 2800 odd on it. So if they total it, will have under a grand left to replace it with, no looking good. I am hoping his ins company will just make an offer to settle

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think my response would have been after using a tire iron "No big deal, relax, they're just your teeth".
With an attitude like that, there's no way I WOUDN'T sue him. Pain and suffering, lost work time, loss of enjoyment of the vehicle, etc.
Glad to hear no serious injuries!

jbjennings

Captain

ya its a grand am gt.

KBB lists retail at 4870.00 on it, we owe 2800 odd on it. So if they total it, will have under a grand left to replace it with, no looking good. I am hoping his ins company will just make an offer to settle

I would explain this to the insurance company, and get checked out by a Doc as said earlier to be sure there's nothing permanently or expensively boogered up in your shoulder or neck. They should at least get you enough dough to get you into another vehicle.
Warning: Don't mention getting a lawyer unless you are SURE you want one. Sometimes if you mention lawyer, the agent will turn the case over to the legal section of the insurance company. Then you'll have to give a lawyer a big % of the recovery. Try to make them be fair, and then do what you must to make it fair.
JMO,
JBJ

Take him to court . Then take his job and his house and anything else he has.....and take his cell phone too...lol

skargo

Banned

Big mistake not going to the ER or Doc right away if you feel there could be an injury. Now if there is, you will be tied up for years waiting to this resolved.
Going in even 6 hours after the accident is a bad move, either go right away, or not at all unless you are prepared for years of a giant PITA.

Glad no one was seriously injured, sorry about your car.

TilliamWe

Banned

ya its a grand am gt.

How ACV (actual Cash Value) is determined varies from state to state, but I can guarantee that it WON'T be from Kelly Blue Book. If that $4870 is a Private Party value, then it's pretty close to NADA Retail. If that KBB number is "Dealer Retail" it's WAY HIGHER than what the actual market value is, or what NADA is. Good luck.

DennisM

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That was KBB retail price.

Here is nada's break down..

Pricing
Rough 1350.00

Average 2075.00
Clean 2675.00
Clean Retail 4750.00

Oh and it dont matter now anyway, I am screwed, was two payments behind and they repo'd it this afternoon!

TahoeQ4Pilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wadda ya mean, it'll buff out.

:D

skargo

Banned

I used to run a bodyshop and yeah, no question that was gone.

Best of luck with everything!