2010 Tracker Pro Crappie

crappiefever

Recruit
I recently purchased a new Tracker Pro Crappie 175. I LOVE the boat, but I have a few small problems with it, and I dont care to drive all the way to the dealer where I bought it. First the gas gauge does not work at all. Did'nt work when I got it home from dealer, after the told me everything was good.
I also found 2 wires in the compartment where the batteries and gas tank are that are not hooked up to anything. The wires have connectors on them and are wrapped in conduit. One wire is brown with a white stripe and one is black (ground). Any help or ideas is appreciated.

GeoHawk

Seaman
Re: 2010 Tracker Pro Crappie

Thinking that the wires are for your fuel gauge/sending unit for the gas tank? Just thinking out loud. I don't know how much room you have to look around in that compartment, but that is what I would try. If they need to connect to a spot on the tank that you can't access, a trip back to the dealer may be your only choice.

jackballin

Cadet

I bought a 2010 PT 170 and had the same problem, I took it to the dealer and they said it was some brown wires crossed up, they took care of it in 15 minutes. They also said there was an extra wire under there because it was already wired to add an accessory.

crappiefever

Recruit

Thinking that the wires are for your fuel gauge/sending unit for the gas tank? Just thinking out loud. I don't know how much room you have to look around in that compartment, but that is what I would try. If they need to connect to a spot on the tank that you can't access, a trip back to the dealer may be your only choice.

My sending unit is hooked up. The gas gauge did work at the dealer and when I first took it out, but after first trip, well, not so much. Thanks for your help.