No trailer

Mark SF

Seaman
Yesterday, I saw someone very carefully reverse an SUV down the ramp to their boat. Unfortunately they had forgotten the trailer! Had to go back up to the parking lot to get it.

Todd157k

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: No trailer

He was just checking out if HE could back up first, then he'd try it with a trailer!

ifallsguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It may have been one of those new ones being developed by the National Security Agency. Invisible. But it only works with invisible boats. If you can see the boat, it won't load.:D

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer

The driver was probably told "Go get the truck", so they unhooked the trailer first??
Maybe they had just taken a preparedness class, so a dry run was scheduled to be prepared for the real deal.

HANGEYE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Come on guys. Are you giving this guy the raspberries just because the voices only talk to him?;)

NapaBavarian

Seaman Apprentice

I used to work for a company that had trailers behind 15 passenger vans, one lady would pull into a normal parking place with the trailer sticking out in the roadway and passengers in the van :eek:

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to work for a company that had trailers behind 15 passenger vans, one lady would pull into a normal parking place with the trailer sticking out in the roadway and passengers in the van :eek:

LOL!!! I did that once. I had a small (well 10 ft) utility trailer (empty) behind the truck and I forgot it was there. I pulled into a parking space, (luckily I had to walk behind the truck to go into the store) and was shocked that I was so stupid, as to forget I was hauling a trailer. It was sticking out, blocking the route to the exit. Needless to say I got back into the truck and found a different space.
:eek:

Micahhaase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe I'm confused but why would anyone drop the trailer while out on the water? Unless in the middle of the day they sent someone to the store and they didnt want to pull an empty trailer?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

sometimes you have to disconnect to park, or as you said, you may have to run an errand.

But I don't get backing down. He couldn't have thought he had a trailer on. testing something else

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maybe I'm confused but why would anyone drop the trailer while out on the water? Unless in the middle of the day they sent someone to the store and they didnt want to pull an empty trailer?

Sounds like he only had one tow vehicle for both the boat and the skis.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like he only had one tow vehicle for both the boat and the skis.

More likely the group had one brain cell between them and it was left on the boat !!!:D