Carb question for a Yam 30HP 2-stroke

jasell

Seaman
Hi,

I got 30 DEO (6J8) -88 and it won't rev under load.

So I decided to clean the carbs...

Question #1:
I can't figure out how to get main nozzle out, the main jet was easy (#14 in the diagram attached), I read somewhere that it should fall out if you shake the carb upside down. That doesn't work for me. Any good advice? Will dirt in this area effect my problem?

Question #2:
I disassembled two "plugs"/orifices (#16 in the diagram) which I now mixed up. The problem is that my orifices are not include it the diagram, not in my clymers guide or the Yamaha online diagram. My carb has an oval rubber plug that covers two holes, in each hole there was an orifice, these have the same size except the hole, and I MIXED them up. One of the orifice are more steel colored and has no marking, the other is brass colored and is stamped "1.02". There is a M stamped next to one of the holes in the carb. Do anyone know which orifice to put in the "M-hole"? What will happen if I place them in the wrong hole?

Any other ideas what to check for?
What should the compression be for this kin d of engine?

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0

jasell

Seaman
Re: Carb question for a Yam 30HP 2-stroke

Q1:
I managed to get the nozzles out. I made a support out of wood to fit in the main air inlet, then I used a large screwdriver to wiggle it side to side (1mm) while adding CRC 5-56 light oil. Eventually they came loose with a "snap". Not much to see in there, all hole were clear, except for a trapped spider!

Q2:
For my other problem I still need some help, the hole marked M is connected to the main Jet, the other is connected to the pilot Jet. I'm guessing here, but I belive the orifice-plug with the larger hole should go to the main Jet and the tighter orifice-plug (marked 1.00) should go to the pilot jet. Can anyone support my theory?

Thanks in advance

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Carb question for a Yam 30HP 2-stroke

I believe you are correct, the larger hole should be the main jet.

A trapped spider would cause a problem with fuel flow