Why do jetski's pee?

hostage

Lieutenant
I noticed that a lot of the jetskis now spray water up in the air from the stern of the jetski. The only purpose thing I can guess is greater visibility.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Why do jetski's pee?

yep, it's a yamaha thing. it's called a visibility spout. so your seen..

Purecarnagge

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no idea, but that's my main reason for not wanting one silly as it may sound.

Summer Fun

Banned

Just plug the pee hole my friend did it on his jetski. :)

ziggy

Admiral

but that's my main reason for not wanting one silly as it may sound.
not real silly. when i had a pwc. i disconnected mine. some for not wanting to draw attention to myself. but also because i didn't want to get wet from it. i usually ran out the season on both ends. spring and fall in neb. can be cool out weather wise for jet skiing and getting wet wasn't desirable for me..

edit. only yamaha wave runners have this visibility spout.

Last edited:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I've learned to watch for yamaha's unloading at the ramp. I had one that managed to arch the water stream right onto my phone, laying on the passenger seat.

hostage

Lieutenant

One of them almost got us soaked when we were pulling out of the marina.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Oh so it's not useful at all and can be disconnected?

I always figured it was for visibility, but I also thought it was the exhaust for cooling water, sort of like how an outboard pees.

Very silly indeed too. Though it can be funny when pulling away from a beach...

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Oh so it's not useful at all and can be disconnected?

I always figured it was for visibility, but I also thought it was the exhaust for cooling water, sort of like how an outboard pees.

Very silly indeed too. Though it can be funny when pulling away from a beach...

Most have some sort of stream coming out, yamaha just has a jet shooting up that isn't even cooling related. Seadoo's in particular have a tiny hole facing straight back that has about the same pressure as an outboard motor.

EddiePetty

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Why do jetski's pee?

'Cause they gotta GO !!!!!

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've always wanted one cause they do that, good to know its pumping water too.
I rode several Sea Doo brand sleds even one that was supercharged I never noticed a telltale on them.

Funny name for it.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

I've always wanted one cause they do that, good to know its pumping water too.
I rode several Sea Doo brand sleds even one that was supercharged I never noticed a telltale on them.

Funny name for it.

It's not a tell-tale like on an outboard motor. Its strictly for visibility and runs off the thrust of the impeller. You can have no cooling water going thru the engine and it'll still pee, so don't be complacent.

If you don't like the aerial shower, it can be disconnected in 10 seconds simply by removing a small hose.

Its a Yami patented gimmick. SeaDoos don't need them because they go by so fast you wouldn't have time to see the spout anyway....LOL.

haulnazz15

Captain

My Kawasaki JetSki has the cooling water spout that exits up by my right foot which lets me know the engine is getting water through it. I hate the visibility spray on the Yamaha's, and it is correct that it works off of the impeller bypass, so it is no indication of engine cooling.

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

Correct. JET SKIS which are A kawasaki brand name, pee from the side, WAVE RUNNERS, the Yamaha brand of PWC have the fountain from the stern. It comes straight out of the jet pump and can be disconected without harm on the Yamaha.