A question about naming a boat

tburda

Seaman
Re: A question about naming a boat

I am a Die Hard Jeep man

o rly?:D

My jeep on the way to the lake with my friends 89 sunbird cuddy just restored (90%).

jeepsunbird.jpg

BaylinerCapri1331

Seaman Apprentice

o rly?:D

My jeep on the way to the lake with my friends 89 sunbird cuddy just restored (90%).

jeepsunbird.jpg

Nice Jeep same color as mine but I think mine is bigger lol

IMG_0804.jpg

Jeep name = Big Bird

My dog is named JD ( Jeep Dog )
Cat 1 named TJ
Cat 2 named Rubi

If its not raining tomorrow I will probably be at Lake Murry with the Jeep and the boat

pkersteve

Cadet

Ok folks I seem to have opened up a whole new can of worms here, for the people who are wondering what I would say if I was in distress, apart from MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY that is, as I said in my first post I can pronounce the word, so it wouldn't be a problem for me, I seriously doubt there are many other boats with such a long name so the Coastguard would only have to look for the boat with the huge name, and it's an odds on certainty that it's me. However, I would hope and trust that I would be careful enough not to get into a situation where I needed the Coastguard in the first place. Touch wood.

Yesssssssss I know that there are those of you who say it's inevitable that I'll get into trouble, and maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Nevrtheless I am able to pronounce the name of my boat, (should I choose the long one), so in the event that I do get into bother, I will be able to call for assistance, as to whether the Coastguard can answer me, that's another matter entirely.

Of course I could always choose "Whale Oil Beef Hooked" say it fast and you'll see what I mean. ;):D

As always folks take care and enjoy life :cool:

pkersteve

Cadet

Mate, even us Aussies know it's called Clan-fire-puth-gwyn-gill-go-gaireth-airdrobwill-clanti-silly-oh-go-go-goth or Clan-fire-PG for short. As a baby pilot at RAF Valley (Anglesea) we used to call it "Alphabet City". Why not call your boat Bettsy's Cowshed? :D

TII

Ahem I really hate to burst your bubble, but who do you think is closer to the correct pronounciation, me, who was taught how to say it by a Native Welshman who was born n brought up in that tiny village, and which by the way is also backed up by a you tube video on how to prounce it, plus my father who worked at the railway station for 5 years so HAD to know how to pronounce it. Or you, my friend, who is not even British, granted you are still part of the British Commonwealth, I think, but you definitely don't reside in the UK.

I can see why you called it Alphabet city though, a very apt name for it, although strictly speaking it should've been Alphabet Village, How far away from the Village were you ?.

So folks I repeat my original stqatement the ll is pronounced as thl, not as cl.

As always folks take care and enjoy life. :cool:

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just name her "Campbell's soup";)

Triton II

Commander

Ahem I really hate to burst your bubble, but who do you think is closer to the correct pronounciation, me, who was taught how to say it by a Native Welshman who was born n brought up in that tiny village, and which by the way is also backed up by a you tube video on how to prounce it, plus my father who worked at the railway station for 5 years so HAD to know how to pronounce it. Or you, my friend, who is not even British, granted you are still part of the British Commonwealth, I think, but you definitely don't reside in the UK.

I can see why you called it Alphabet city though, a very apt name for it, although strictly speaking it should've been Alphabet Village, How far away from the Village were you ?.

So folks I repeat my original stqatement the ll is pronounced as thl, not as cl.

As always folks take care and enjoy life. :cool:

No bubble to burst mate, I bow to your superior Welshness! :D I lived on Anglesea for six months - great place - wonderful scenery - terrific low flying area - woeful weather - hard to understand local blokes, but lovely local girls! ;-)

On another matter, please put where you're from into your profile - it's the polite thing to do! Cheers,

TII

NYBo

Admiral

Holy crap! Wouldn't it just be easier to move?

However, I love the name Alaphabet City. There is a city in New York's lower east side called Alphabet City. As this was settled by the English, I wonder if there is (doubtfully) any connection.
You mean a section of the city called Alphabet City- so named because of Avenues A,B,C, and D, the only single-letter-named streets in NYC.