Mr. Annoying Drunk guy doesn't get the hint that I don't want him on my boat anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneb0422

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Mr. Annoying Drunk guy doesn't get the hint that I don't want him on my boat anym

There is nothing wrong with telling someone "I enjoy having you around, but we aren't getting stupid on the boat. There will be no drinking."
If you still want to drink, but he just happens to annoy you when he is drunk, well, doesn't really sound like someone you truly want to be around.

Also, sounds like he is using you for your boat.

Nothing wrong with how you left it, as far as whether or not you are "making plans." That is a good way to keep a situation diffused and avoid commitment. If he keeps pushing, it's clear he is using you or is desperate for a friend or something. Cause typical people get the message.
And on the dockside chat thing....
I'm sure a mod will move it if it belongs there. At least if this forum works like any of the other dozen or so I am an active member of.
As far as I can tell, this section is the equivalent of a "general discussion-type" thread section. So anything boating related at all would apply. But I'm just getting used to iBoats etiquette, every forum is a little different.

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Mr. Annoying Drunk guy doesn't get the hint that I don't want him on my boat anym

Ok Ok I my comment was out of line, mayba a little, I'm sorry carry on.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Okay....... You have a problem......... IF (big if) there is any alcohol being consumed your drunk will use that in his defense.

I would be straight with the guy and explain to him that you are not going to have him in your circle if he continues to act that way, no meeting up with, no boat because his alcohol consumption makes people feel uncomfortable and put's people and property at risk.

Wow someone does not like Yucko...... yeah my wife is also afraid of clowns.

This topic can stay here as far as I am concerned.

a70eliminator

Captain

Thats it, Stir the pot some more why don't ya!

Purecarnagge

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The real question is do others feel the same way...You say its a circle of friends, but haven't posted any of there views.

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

You know jafski, they bring up a good point. I think this guy would respect you a bit more if you didn't dress like a uh,,,, well, you know, a clown. :rolleyes:

a70eliminator

Captain

My first post was going to go something like this.
You let an alcoholic toting a 5th of wiskey on your boat, then pushed him overboard because he got drunk and turned you radio up....thats nothing last weekend we took a family out and the two yr old pooped his pants real bad, the diaper ended up in my bilge not to mention the Mcdonalds iced tea spilled all over my engine cover that stickied up the valve covers, Things get messed up, stuff gets broken, but we always have a good time, and that's with no alcohol being it's illegal on the lakes we go on.

Bayliner175xt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Easy to fix, law down the law, if he doesn't abide by the law then say
"See you later". it's your boat and your responsibility, if he mucks up your held accountable.
I lay the law down with my friends and they all abide and agree with it.
I have no problems and we have a great day.

You could tell him your gunna take up hand free fall parachuting !!!!!!!!

clarkbre

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't know if this is so much an alcohol thread or an annoying person thread. At least with him, you can pinpoint why he's a jerk.

When I take people in the boat, prior to leaving the driveway, I tell them they are part of the crew. I expect them to listen, participate, and give me a hand to make the operations go smooth.

That being said, there's a guy I grew up with and he's in a circle of about 8 of us friends. I remember in high school he was always trying to hitch rides, borrow money, and anything else he could freeload. One time I took my boat out with him and another friend to go crabbing. It all went well until it was time to head in. As soon as we got back to the launch he bailed and left in a huge rush. No thanks or anything and he grabbed a lion's share of the catch and left all his bait (fish heads and rotten chicken) and garbage in the boat. He didn't help me load it out or wash it down at all. From then on, I knew he wasn't fit to be in my boat. He left me and our other friend with more work and garbage.

About a month later, he was looking for a seat to go crabbing. I explained to him flat out that I was upset from the last time and he basically told me that was the cost of taking people in the boat. That it was my equipment to operate and maintain. Needless to say, I learned a huge lesson from that and he has never stepped foot in my boat, car, or house again. We're still friends but on a much different level. If he wasn't willing to give me a hand, he wasn't able to reep the benefits of my boat.

I never ask for gas money, beer, or anything as a pass to get onboard...just a good attitude and a helping hand. 99% of your passenger will give you that and a whole lot more.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

My wife likes to drink wine. I like to drink beer. We drink neither on our boat. We go out early, fish the flats, drink coffee and gatorade when the sun is overhead, catch our snook and reds, go home by 12:00, clean our catch, I pour her a goblet of Pinot Grigio, pop me a Natty Light, we **** off no one, no one pisses us off.

We eat well, drink well, and realize there is an appropriate time for appropriate behaviors...

JZammetti

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If I was it the situation I'd use my dad's say while I was growing up..."While you live under my roof you will live by my rules..." So in your case it's your boat, your rules. If you say x number of alchol then that is it. I'll really pee off people here and abroad, I don't let anyone smoke on my boat.

JZammetti

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And as for clowns, I work for State Government. I am use to be near them....

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I'll really pee off people here and abroad, I don't let anyone smoke on my boat.

there is no smoking in or on my boat, vehicles, or home..... I used to tell folks the ski tube was the smoking section but now I just tell em no...
They may whine a bit but I don't lose a second of sleep over it

oops!

Supreme Mariner

ok.....there is also a safety issue here.

boating can kill you. you are the captain of your boat and responcible for all the lives on board. people on my boat toe the line or i drop them off at the nearest point of land.....seriously.

i give a safety meeting aboard the boat....tell everyone what the rules are. then we all go have fun....safe fun....and we all come home. and we have all have had a great time.

anchored or not if he does not obey the rules....what you do is your choice.
imagine him falling overboard at speed with no life jacket....
that means you have to drive back to the dock with one less life aboard your boat.

if that isnt a reason to tell him to behave or split.....nothing is.

oh....and by the way......we are all the forum police. the mods are busy keeping this forum safe, and we ALL help when ever we can

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

My first post was going to go something like this.
You let an alcoholic toting a 5th of wiskey on your boat, then pushed him overboard because he got drunk and turned you radio up....thats nothing last weekend we took a family out and the two yr old pooped his pants real bad, the diaper ended up in my bilge not to mention the Mcdonalds iced tea spilled all over my engine cover that stickied up the valve covers, Things get messed up, stuff gets broken, but we always have a good time, and that's with no alcohol being it's illegal on the lakes we go on.

yeah, he had his life jacket on :p we were in 6 feet of water. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Summer Fun

Banned

What does the circle of friends say about him. ??

This bozo would have been gone after the first incident...I'm not on the water to have a bad time but it sounds like that's what your getting...serious drunks are losers that destroy everything they touch...your better off without him and any of the friends that resent you for not putting up with crap.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

I don't know if this is so much an alcohol thread or an annoying person thread. At least with him, you can pinpoint why he's a jerk.

When I take people in the boat, prior to leaving the driveway, I tell them they are part of the crew. I expect them to listen, participate, and give me a hand to make the operations go smooth.

That being said, there's a guy I grew up with and he's in a circle of about 8 of us friends. I remember in high school he was always trying to hitch rides, borrow money, and anything else he could freeload. One time I took my boat out with him and another friend to go crabbing. It all went well until it was time to head in. As soon as we got back to the launch he bailed and left in a huge rush. No thanks or anything and he grabbed a lion's share of the catch and left all his bait (fish heads and rotten chicken) and garbage in the boat. He didn't help me load it out or wash it down at all. From then on, I knew he wasn't fit to be in my boat. He left me and our other friend with more work and garbage.

About a month later, he was looking for a seat to go crabbing. I explained to him flat out that I was upset from the last time and he basically told me that was the cost of taking people in the boat. That it was my equipment to operate and maintain. Needless to say, I learned a huge lesson from that and he has never stepped foot in my boat, car, or house again. We're still friends but on a much different level. If he wasn't willing to give me a hand, he wasn't able to reep the benefits of my boat.

I never ask for gas money, beer, or anything as a pass to get onboard...just a good attitude and a helping hand. 99% of your passenger will give you that and a whole lot more.

ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies.